Sponsored

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
The bike "SHOULD" fit. The average dirt bike is 82.8" end-to-end. The truck bed length with the tailgate down is 83.8" end-to-end. Where the rear tire rests in that distance is firmly within the length of the bed...Maybe they were testing something...maybe they weren't. Only they know.
I want to see the tie down points for the tie down straps and two bikes in the bed would be ever better. It would be nice to have a center tie down point at front of bed...

AltaTruck

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda RX8, R1T, Alta EXR (road) , Alta EXR (woods)
Occupation
Retired Science teacher
I also am trying to design the method for securing one or two Altas (electric dirt bike) in the back. In the front there looks to be two rows of bolts on the front wall that could accommodate a rail/carrier for the front wheel. I may use a simple chock or a cam devise like the old ATK Bike Shoe. At the rear I need to know where the wheel will sit and in particular the foot pegs. I will need to drill the bed for some small rails that I will attach foot peg cams so as not to have need for tie downs. What I don't want is drilling into a battery area so I need to get more detail of the structure under the bed at the back, towards the tailgate. Anyone have pictures of that area?

OP
OP

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
I also am trying to design the method for securing one or two Altas (electric dirt bike) in the back. In the front there looks to be two rows of bolts on the front wall that could accommodate a rail/carrier for the front wheel. I may use a simple chock or a cam devise like the old ATK Bike Shoe. At the rear I need to know where the wheel will sit and in particular the foot pegs. I will need to drill the bed for some small rails that I will attach foot peg cams so as not to have need for tie downs. What I don't want is drilling into a battery area so I need to get more detail of the structure under the bed at the back, towards the tailgate. Anyone have pictures of that area?
Rivian has multiple pictures on their website that may be useful. Here is a top down view, but there are other angles:
Rivian R1T R1S Video: R1T spotted on the highway 1611158120437

We don't know how final any of them are, and what may change, but it would be surprising if we found an extra battery crammed in the back behind the rear wheels, which I think is the area you're talking about.

I've been looking at the same thing to support a bed rack, and my concern isn't what I might drill into on the other side (although that is a real concern, I'm guessing it will be obvious once I have the truck in front of me), it's the fact that Rivian calls it a composite bed, and it isn't really clear what that means. I've asked Rivian, and got the usual "more details are coming".

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I'm also hoping there is no issue with the front tire against the rear of the cab. The auto bed cover hopefully retracts fully...

Sponsored

AltaTruck

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda RX8, R1T, Alta EXR (road) , Alta EXR (woods)
Occupation
Retired Science teacher
Thanks. Looks like the area for the foot peg cam rails will be wide open as long as I can clear underneath. As for the front tire, I wanted to bolt a rail spanning the width of the bed using the bolts which apparently hold a cover for the tonneau cover when stored. This will spread the stress across the entire bed wall. I have seen pictures and the curvature of the 21" front wheel will totally clear any lip that might protrude of the cover. Now all I need is the truck so I can get to work.

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

I am not quite sure how they mounted the spares in the Rebelle Rally truck, knowing what they did during the Rally and how secure they seemed to be, I would assume that this setup was pretty sweet. It definitely looked the part.
Rivian R1T R1S Video: R1T spotted on the highway Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 8.25.20 PM

zeeshan66

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1994 Toyota Supra, 2015 Audi A6
our ugly roads in the country only hurt the truck lol
Sponsored