Sponsored

JMR1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep GC WK2 | Previously: Audi SQ5, GMC Canyon, many others
Does anyone see a 7-pin connector?
Edit: ohmman beat me to it.

Good catch! The 7-pin is on the left hand side of the hitch, you can see 3 of the 4 silver bolts holding it in place.

It also has surrounding indents where it looks like a plastic cover will conceal the hitch.
Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
At 00:11, you can see the dashboard clearly and it still looks like wood, but stained a dark color. So I think it's still a wood option but one that we haven't seen before.
Looking at it up close on my big screen, I'm not so convinced it's wood. I can't make out any grain. Looks like maybe a satin composite or something.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
A few of the quick things I noticed:
1) Confirmed full rear door window without a split
2) looks like a mild redesign of the seat coverings
3) 10ā€ woofers in both the front and rear doors?
4) Still no ā€sun visorā€ over the instrument cluster. Makes me worried about glare and sun reflection
5) white side mirror caps. An option or just not yet painted?
6) What are the 2 lower stalks for on the steering column? Cruise and lights?
7) Significant redesign of the lower rear end of the truck. No more full silver skid plate. No tow hooks. Larger reflectors. Etc.

Last edited:

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
6) What are the 2 lower stalks for on the steering column? Cruise and lights?
From what Iā€™ve seen in other videos/pictures, the bottom right stalk is the ride height control, and the bottom left is for the cruise control.

Sponsored

davrow_R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Toyota Siennas
Now that video is doing what it should! I really, really want my R1T now (as in, right now!).

It is a darker brown than I usually select, but I like it.

Exciting times. :)

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Could anyone tell where the charge port will be? There has been pictures in the past indicating the driver and passenger side...

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Could anyone tell where the charge port will be? There has been pictures in the past indicating the driver and passenger side...
Drivers side, no longer passenger like the show trucks.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
Dash looks non-wood, but does have a texture to it. Wonder if there's a glovebox? Looks like we can see the 21" wheel and tire up close too. I guess black door handles are something we can expect. The light interior in this truck seems to have dark doors which is different them what we've seen in the previous version. Was there always an R1T logo in the lower left of the tailgate?

I'm pleased overall. Only wondering about having just one speaker in the door, where are the others gonna end up? A lot of shiny black plastics used it seems on the center armrest buttons and even driver and passenger seat base. I think it looks good, but wonder about how well those parts will hold up. Also wonder what "option level" this particular model is (low, medium, high end).

All and all...
21" wheel pack
Black pack (dash, door handles, trim)
Lunar Rock interior (but interior doors look dark)
Tow pack

Rivian R1T R1S Video: Preproduction R1T Begin Rolling Off The Line! Screenshot_20200911-052426

Rivian R1T R1S Video: Preproduction R1T Begin Rolling Off The Line! 0911200536_HDR

Rivian R1T R1S Video: Preproduction R1T Begin Rolling Off The Line! 0911200535c_HDR

Last edited:

Sponsored

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
I wonder which color was the first vehicle from their pilot build. That one should've come out 2-3 weeks ago. Im guessing these vehicles will be the ones used in the Rally and crash test?

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Anyone else not loving the new look of the rear?

Iā€™m a little bit bummed (pun intended) about the redesign on the lower portion of the rear end.

The show models looked so sleek and beefy with the continuous silver ā€œskid plateā€œ and the big tow hooks, etc. The production model just looks...boring In that section. The silver trim piece looks like an afterthought thatā€™s just sort of glued to the bumper, and not integrated into the design, and doesnā€™t flow at all to the underside of the truck.

Iā€˜m sure Iā€™ll get over it...eventually

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Anyone else not loving the new look of the rear?

Iā€™m a little bit bummed (pun intended) about the redesign on the lower portion of the rear end.

The show models looked so sleek and beefy with the continuous silver ā€œskid plateā€œ and the big tow hooks, etc. The production model just looks...boring In that section. The silver trim piece looks like an afterthought thatā€™s just sort of glued to the bumper, and not integrated into the design, and doesnā€™t flow at all to the underside of the truck.

Iā€˜m sure Iā€™ll get over it...eventually
I wonder if that will be an option. Having full underbody protection. It probably will take longer to receive your R1T with that option if available though.

binny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
prius prime
For the love of God, though, will Rivian please post a firm price for the various models? I mean, come on, it's only like 9 months away.

ColoradoRivian

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE
I hope it is just the videoā€™s focus point, but the paint looks dead and somewhat flat to me in many of the shots. There are a couple of angles with high gloss, but in a lot of the panning closeups the paint seems to lack any depth. Does anyone else see this? Iā€™m hoping the final product has too-notch paint given the price point, but understand itā€™s a difficult process.
Sponsored