Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I like 0:44 when there was a crash and suddenly overlapping semi trucks.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

So this is basically adaptive cruise control and lane keep assist exactly like my 2020 Subaru. In other words, absolutely nothing special.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

Sponsored

R1T7777

First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist
Driver+ in action.

Overall looks pretty good. The lack of visualization until cars are in front seems a little dangerous for merging though. It gives the blind spot/cross traffic alert, but at quick glance there appear to be no cars on the side when there really are. Seems like an easy enough OTA fix assuming there are side facing cameras that can pick up the cars.

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
So this is basically adaptive cruise control and lane keep assist exactly like my 2020 Subaru. In other words, absolutely nothing special.
Yes, that's correct and all they ever said it would be to start. The difference is it will get better whereas your Subaru will not. What you describe is also not much different than anyone else outside of FSD Beta in terms of functionality. There are certainly differences in how each performs at those tasks, but the tasks are essentially the same.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Key word above is "basically" same way that your Subaru (I have one too) will basically do the same thing as a Land Rover.
Subaru is a camera only system which requires hands on the wheel at all times and will nudge you back in the lane when you begin to cross the line in a ping pong fashion also the steering torque is insufficient to turn the wheel in anything other than a gentle nudge not enough to negotiate moderately sharp bends in the road. There are other notable differences but we get the point.

Florida Boy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX300h, Toyota Tacoma
It appears so. Just built on a sensor and compute stack that has a lot more room for OTA improvements. Decent attempt out of the gate, though.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

It appears so. Just built on a sensor and compute stack that has a lot more room for OTA improvements monetization. Decent attempt out of the gate, though.
FIFY

Sponsored

OP
OP

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Math and I don't get along, but...

The display shows that he's averaging 2.77 miles per kWh, over the last 15 miles. With a 135 kWh battery pack, that would indicate an effective range of more than 370 miles, right?

I guess he could have been going downhill a bunch, but that still seems like a lot more than EPA estimates.

Dersies

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma

The display shows that he's averaging 2.77 miles per kWh, over the last 15 miles. With a 135 kWh battery pack, that would indicate an effective range of more than 370 miles, right?

I guess he could have been going downhill a bunch, but that still seems like a lot more than EPA estimates.
His efficiency curve looks pretty high like a downhill sectiom but you did the math correct using 135 as the multiplier.

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Good eye, curious on this as well. Does anyone know if the full battery is available? E.g. on my ID4 we get 77/82 for use, the rest is restricted. I think at a relatively slow speed or even a slightly downhill grade this isn’t unrealistic though. ID4 example again just because that’s what I know now… at slower speeds (like 40 in the video) I often get well over the EPA estimate, which is interesting, but not all that valuable since I don’t drive 300 miles at 40mph. Once I am going 65 I get less than EPA estimate.

Reactions: Max

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
@Andystroh I saw 133KWH usable quoted somewhere (not from Rivian) so take it with a gain of salt.

moondog417

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, R1S
Occupation
Education
It’s been awhile since I’ve driven a Tesla (sold my Model S in 2018), but I’m struck how similar the display is to my recollection. I loved the UI and tech in my Tesla, so have no concerns about Rivian since they poached so many engineers.
Sponsored