Sponsored

Video of Lucid Factory

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Every time I see a Lucid factory video or one of their many thorough releases of information on social media, or their retail experiences that are up and running...I get more concerned about the actual status of Rivian.

lucid is doing their communication right and building confidence among their customer base. They clearly recognize that stealth mode isnā€™t an appropriate position to take when youā€™re just 4 months from delivery of vehicles.

Unfortunately Rivian doesnā€˜t seem to have gotten that memo.

OP
OP

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
Every time I see a Lucid factory video or one of their many thorough releases of information on social media, or their retail experiences that are up and running...I get more concerned about the actual status of Rivian.

lucid is doing their communication right and building confidence among their customer base.
I agree. I think Rivian is getting better with some of the recent videos that have been released, but they are still all just teasers, lacking in real informative substance.

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
I was going to order a Lucid Air, but the whole front seats being a different color bothered me too much.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I'm really hoping that any day now we're going to see a FLOOD of information from Rivian.

Not sure if that'll actually happen... But I really hope so.

Sponsored

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Very impressive video from Lucid, good find Mreda. Should I be alarmed that this video appears to show Lucid factory significantly further along with production than Rivian.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Should I be alarmed that this video appears to show Lucid factory significantly further along with production than Rivian.
No. Considering Lucid is planning deliveries in Spring 2021 and Rivian not until Summer, I would certainly hope that Lucid is "further along".

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S

lucid is doing their communication right and building confidence among their customer base. They clearly recognize that stealth mode isnā€™t an appropriate position to take when youā€™re just 4 months from delivery of vehicles.

Yet somehow Rivian still has more pre-orders than they can deliver any time soon. And they will start deliveries well before any of their competitors so defection due to lack of communication is unlikely. Frankly,. I think Rivian is on more solid footing with its customers and with its financial backers than Lucid is. Lucid is still trying to iron out their next wave of financing so of course they need to generate hype. Perhaps as Rivian gets closer to a real IPO they too will generate more hype. However, their strategy seems to be to generate that hype based on the delivery of vehicles and the natural media attention that will bring.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
We're all just suffering from a bad case of Rivian Fever right now.....

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Does anyone know how many preorders lucid has?

Sponsored

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
I'm really hoping that any day now we're going to see a FLOOD of information from Rivian.

Not sure if that'll actually happen... But I really hope so.
I am starting to get impatient, I found the configurator to be a bit of a disappointment and now a long wait with very little communication.

My instinct is there is only risk for Rivian saying more as they have plenty of orders right now, but its Feb 12. They are buying showrooms, they should be able to start giving us timelines.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
No. Considering Lucid is planning deliveries in Spring 2021 and Rivian not until Summer, I would certainly hope that Lucid is "further along".
Both companies are promising Q2 deliveries, so are at most a 1-2 months apart on timing. Further along is relative, but the differences between what we see happening at the Lucid factory vs what weā€™ve seen from Rivian are stark. And, IMO, concerning.

I honestly hope that Iā€™m proven wrong.

Last edited:

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Further along is relative.
Lucid will have 6 service centers to cover the US
Rivian has announced 41 in 2021 and job postings support this.

Rivian is also faced with testing not only the road manners, but off-road capabilities of their vehicles which adds a great degree of complexity. I personally like the extensive testing.

RJ is a bit of a showman and I get the feeling they are saving up for a big event of some type. No photos of any vehicle with Lauch Green is one indication. This will likely be in conjunction with test drives/regional reveals for pre-order holders.

MurryR1T

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T delivered 3-24-22
The lack of information from Rivian has gotten old. I am now just waiting on the truck, my enthusiasm has left the building.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I am starting to get impatient, I found the configurator to be a bit of a disappointment and now a long wait with very little communication.
I think the configurator was a great release. We knew it was incomplete, but it was something and it was welcomed. But I do look forward, with great anticipation, the more complete configurator.
Sponsored