Electric Rivilution

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicles
2016 Model X P90D
Nothing we didn't already know but it's a good reminder of the unique features Rivian brings to the table.

Last edited:

Pherdnut

Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Honda Civic EX - way overdue for upgrade
It bugs me that everybody gloms on to tank turn without paying attention to all the other juicy stuff about having a motor-per-wheel Rivian is leveraging.

electruck

Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volvo XC60
Speaking of tank turn, that video is the first I've heard (or paid attention to the fact) that it may be geo-fenced. While I'll have close to zero legitimate use for tank turn, hopefully I'll still be able to have some teenage fun in a snowy parking lot at some point.

EyeOnRivian

Reaction score
Vehicles
Mitsubishi Endeavor, pre-ordered R1S but may change to R1T
Speaking of tank turn, that video is the first I've heard (or paid attention to the fact) that it may be geo-fenced.
Same here. And if I understood what RJ said regarding geo-fencing, the vehicle would determine if you're on a "specific" trail implying (?) the tank turn function would not be available if not on a geo-fenced detected trail? So unless your beckoning, snowy covered "parking lot" is within a geo-fenced area (implying it's near a "specific" trail) *and* the parking lot surface is considered low friction, you might just have to settle for some good ole fashion doughnuts.