Sponsored

EzMev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old SUV
Quick Q, do you know the ride height of the Launch Green R1S, was that lowest?
Sponsored

agsogg

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camry
Occupation
Retired
I've owned a Telluride, X7, and now a Palisade. It is almost exactly the same dimensions as these. The Telluride/Palisade have captains chairs in the second row, which make it feel roomier as expected. But, with the bench second row and ability to fold down the middle 20% section it will work.

I'm 6'3" and could fit in all three rows. Tight, but with a little finesse of the positions and seat back angles, it worked. A family or normal mixed sized people will fit no problem. The rear and frunk space is a very nice touch.
We’re goung to the same event this Thursday. Our main concern is whether the driver’s seat will adjust to accommodate my 4’10” wife. Does anyone have experience with this dynamic?

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Can somebody going to this event take a car seat?!??!

Would love to see 3rd row access on the same side as the car seat.
Additionally how wide the seats are in the 3rd row and if they'd accommodate two boosters like these: https://us.britax.com/shop/car-seats/grow-with-you-clicktight-plus-harness-2-booster-car-seat

There is a pic/video out there of 5 full baby seats in the R1S in every spot so I think that should work

Correction, description says 5 baby seats but pic shows 3 which should be the same for the back more or less (2 though).

OP
OP
Matty J

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7

Sponsored

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Nice Arcade Fire throwback. Hopefully YouTube doesn't pull it!

OP
OP
Matty J

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
Nice Arcade Fire throwback. Hopefully YouTube doesn't pull it!
Thanks. I wondered about it. When I uploaded it tagged the song and gave them credits or something of the like. Meaning I could use it, under their distribution rights/limitations. We will see. I’m new to the YouTube thing.

thunderdeep

First Name
Deep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model3, Toyota Landcruiser, Porsche 911
Thanks for posting the video @Matty J ! I drove the truck in Sonoma a few months ago and I was impressed but wasn't sold on Launch Green as my color but it has grown on me recently (I have seen a few R1Ts in my neighborhood in LG and black). I was going Limestone but recently every car seems to be that color especially the new BMWs/Toyotas/Hyundais. Changed back to LG. I hope it wont change my Oct-Dec window!

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

There is a pic/video out there of 5 full baby seats in the R1S in every spot so I think that should work

Correction, description says 5 baby seats but pic shows 3 which should be the same for the back more or less (2 though).
Thanks I have seen this, but no reviewers seem to understand the difference between "It will fit" and "it will be functional". I doubt anyone will easily get in that 3rd row with those 3 car seats in there, but would love to see someone try.
While I wish they had 3 seats in the back and captains in the middle, I'm thinking we will be able to get away with two boosters in the back and one car seat in the 2nd row because the rear seats look pretty roomy width wise. Originally was thinking one car seat in the back and two in the middle.
Regardless, we know it will be a bit of a compromise, but going full EV on our vehicles will be worth it.

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

For those of you who have been there already, how crowded and busy is it at the Hub?

The video makes it look like its not too busy but it also happens to be on a Monday morning. I'm headed there on Thursday afternoon slot.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
If anyone is interested the R1S will have a difference sequence number than the R1T. The two at the Venice hub were both built in April, the Blue one is number 50 and the green one is number 63.

Also for those wondering if a 4x8 sheet will fit, it will not. The floor at the rear tailgate is 45” and between the third row armrests it is 41 3/4”.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Anyone interested, here are the GVWR labels. The blue one matched the wheels on the R1S, the green one shows 21 inch wheels but had the 20 inch all terrain on so not sure what that setup label would be.

Rivian R1T R1S Video: Met the Rivian R1S... at Venice Hub Event 174BE8B6-977F-4624-A900-31B092748373
Rivian R1T R1S Video: Met the Rivian R1S... at Venice Hub Event BEC5ACD4-74DA-4A0F-AA2C-23BD4DB937A8

OP
OP
Matty J

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
For those of you who have been there already, how crowded and busy is it at the Hub?

The video makes it look like its not too busy but it also happens to be on a Monday morning. I'm headed there on Thursday afternoon slot.

Thanks in advance.
Our window was 11a-1p on Monday... We arrived about 10 minutes early, and the person checking us in said thanks for coming a little early. It was lighter when we first arrived, then picked up a bit as the window opened. It did not feel cramped, and I didn't feel like we had to wait much if at all to sit or check out any given area of the vehicles.

They sent invites out for Mon-Fri with two hour blocks, and they were filled fairly quickly (same day If memory serves). I'd imagine they're limited the amount of folks for this week only, then as it opens to the public formally, it might get busier.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

Our window was 11a-1p on Monday... We arrived about 10 minutes early, and the person checking us in said thanks for coming a little early. It was lighter when we first arrived, then picked up a bit as the window opened. It did not feel cramped, and I didn't feel like we had to wait much if at all to sit or check out any given area of the vehicles.

They sent invites out for Mon-Fri with two hour blocks, and they were filled fairly quickly (same day If memory serves). I'd imagine they're limited the amount of folks for this week only, then as it opens to the public formally, it might get busier.
I’ve been there randomly in the past and it’s never been that busy.
Think about car dealerships, they never attract that many customers at once.
The earlier the better though. Like with most things in life.

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 VW Touareg V8
Occupation
Property Management
The "YETI" cooler at 4:21 was great!
Sponsored