Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Thanks for sharing!
Nice video.. thanks Branden!

Since you have 8K miles on your truck, could you measure remaining tread depth on the original tires (skip the one that was replaced due to road damage)?

Some owners have reported horrific tire wear on the 20"s after only having the R1T a short period of time, but yours look quite good for 8K miles.

According to Tire Rack, the 20" Scorpion AT's original tread depth is 13/32".

obfuscurity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3, Audi SQ5
I can't be the only one who's noticed that @branden is Sam Sheffer's long lost twin? Makes sense that they're both YouTubers.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Thanks for showing lifetime efficiency on the 20’s - 1.91 mi/kWh over 8k miles. Guessing this will go down a good increment in colder weather.

Sponsored

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S preorder holder; '14 JGC,'20 Subaru Crosstrek
Ocean coast wasn't my choice for the same reasons, white and color transfers. That being said, I do wonder if it will show less wrinkling because black leather tends to lose the color in those wrinkles.

@branden what about scuffing on the door plastic, every vehicle I've seen gets that from shoe hits. Does this look like it will be same situation?

Your caution of "being careful" makes me a bit concerned. Every knew car gets babied and by 50k miles that being careful is long forgotten. 8k miles your truck looks great, but is it because of that being careful. Good review.

Cactus

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feb 2014 Tesla Model S, June 2023 R1S
Occupation
Professor
Clubs

Probably lots of answers to this question, but here goes:
Why would one need to rotate tires when a motor is driving each wheel (assuming minimal driving in front wheel drive)?
Sponsored