First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
The show is primarily about the 2 guys and their trip on the bikes. Support equipment will get some camera time but won't be featured per-se.
I must have thought wrong about the show and thought it was about the trip and electric vehicles the used. Now it seems like rivians trucks will barely make the picture.
Sponsored

aAlpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, 4Runner
High res video that's not a vertical video:

I'm also a bit sad they didn't explicitly mention Rivian, but I'm not surprised. Still seems like a cool series I'd watch anyways, R1T clips are just a bonus.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
I must have thought wrong about the show and thought it was about the trip and electric vehicles the used. Now it seems like rivians trucks will barely make the picture.
The Long Way programs are about travel on motorcycles (BMW GS 1100s in the first two). In the first one they went from London to New York the "Long Way Around". The Rivians will get plenty of airtime but will not be the focus.

ohmman

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Model X LR, 2014 Model S P85
Prototype charging challenges, weather and more in new video! The making of 'Long Way Up.' Engaging interview with Charley Boorman.
Thanks. He mentioned carbon neutral which isn't correct unless they somehow tapped into carbon neutral electricity the entire way, which is extremely unlikely. Less carbon, absolutely.

In some ways, based upon the things he's saying, it seems like lessons that many EV owners already know weren't considered in the planning for this trip. Cold weather reduces range, for instance. In that way, it's kind of amazing that there weren't better planners involved. But I wasn't there so I don't know what kinds of unexpected things were encountered.

Looking forward to watching it.

Sponsored

SpinDoc7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback XT LTD
Here's a bit from a review of the first three episodes from ridepart.com. Key point - they were able to charge the Harleys from the R1Ts.

"The fact that the partners also managed to create a V2M network—vehicle to motorcycle—that allowed Ewan and Charley to charge the bike directly from the Rivians about halfway through the trip likely contributed to cheering things up and relieving a bit of that range anxiety."

Here's the link to the article: https://www.rideapart.com/articles/443049/long-way-up-series-review/

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Cool new video promo released this morning. R1T to the rescue. Anyone "on the fence" about the stadium headlights, be warned - the "flashing eyes" hazard lights may startle you. Ha!
Those hazard lights are definitely an attention grabber. I like 'em!

Sponsored

MJB28

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost, 2019 Tesla M3, 2020 Livewire
Occupation
Custom Home Construction
Maybe I’ve watched too much Long Way Up.
Brought this home last night
Rivian R1T R1S Video Feature: Long Way Up -- R1T's 13k mile all-electric journey from Patagonia to LA D837313C-BF3C-47AA-B1BF-F64C46348D19

It’s gonna look good with the R1T and I guess will be able to charge from it too!
0 to 60 in 3 seconds is awesome, can’t wait to do it in the Rivian

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Maybe I’ve watched too much Long Way Up.
Brought this home last night
D837313C-BF3C-47AA-B1BF-F64C46348D19.jpeg

It’s gonna look good with the R1T and I guess will be able to charge from it too!
0 to 60 in 3 seconds is awesome, can’t wait to do it in the Rivian
Jealous!

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
I did give up my street glide to get the Livewire.
I used to own a street glide as well. That’s tough but it’s cool!
Sponsored