Sponsored

Harvest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Rivian R1T Adventure Forest Green
Occupation
agriculture
I just finished watching the whole Long Way Up series last night on AppleTV. Definitely enjoyed it, especially all the amazing scenery. I feel like I got a much better appreciation for the diversity of the western side of South America. They also had some poignant moments stopped at different Unicef and other non-profit efforts, it was nice they showcased some of those. As far as the Rivians, they do show up in every show, sometimes just for a few seconds here and there, other times as a more substantial component of the episode. However, there is never much discussion about the capabilities of the Rivian, they are just referred to as prototype electric vehicles. Still, it was nice to see the effort to use the electric trucks and motorcycles. Hopefully it will broaden some people's minds about the future opportunities with electric transportation.
Sponsored

UT Rivian

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMWM2
I just finished watching the whole Long Way Up series last night on AppleTV. Definitely enjoyed it, especially all the amazing scenery. I feel like I got a much better appreciation for the diversity of the western side of South America. They also had some poignant moments stopped at different Unicef and other non-profit efforts, it was nice they showcased some of those. As far as the Rivians, they do show up in every show, sometimes just for a few seconds here and there, other times as a more substantial component of the episode. However, there is never much discussion about the capabilities of the Rivian, they are just referred to as prototype electric vehicles. Still, it was nice to see the effort to use the electric trucks and motorcycles. Hopefully it will broaden some people's minds about the future opportunities with electric transportation.
I really enjoyed it too. I thought the Rivian’s would get more air time, but I guess that wasn’t really the purpose. Was fun to see RJ at the end.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
The ending with RJ was cool. Specially when David told RJ that the performance of the trucks was amazing, and RJ said well the production vehicles will have twice the torque

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Soul EV
Occupation
Software Engineer
I enjoyed the series as well. I was amazed and want to visit, someday, places like Machu Pichu and Chile. I watched one of of Charley Boorman's other series on Canada -- very fascinating, a lot I did not know for sure.

Harvest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Rivian R1T Adventure Forest Green
Occupation
agriculture
It was nice to see RJ there at the end. That 100 day road test of the two Rivians through all kinds of conditions must have indeed provided a lot of valuable data to the company. Can't imagine hiring a crew that would go through quite as much diverse testing as that crew went through!

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I enjoyed watching the full series. My only disappointment was how they spent so much time documenting their adventures in South America, but then hardly showed anything in Central and North America besides purchasing and modifying a bus that they only used for a couple days. Surely there are more sights to show in those countries, even though they may be closer to home and more travelled by Americans.
Sponsored