LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

found this on FB. lots of speculation but still something to watch.

I'm dubious about how the $60K Lariat jumped to $74K - since Ford has not published pricing for Options.
For example, it surprises many that the standard F-150 ProPower setup can jump from 2.4 to 7.2 kWh for only $750 bucks! To value that upgrade on the Lightning to 9.6 for anything more than a grand is unfounded.

Sponsored

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Heard a very interest comment on a separate early reviewer YT video...

He said the Lightning's 300 mile range rating from Ford is based on running with a 1,000 lb payload because Ford wanted to publish a more "realistic value for how a truck is used." This guy said during his brief ride-along that the intelligent battery monitor was displaying a remaining range of over 330 miles with charge in the high 70%.

Very speculative but he said that could mean an unladened F-150 with larger battery could get well above 300 miles by the normal EPA testing that will not have the one-ton payload onboard.

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.

Last edited:

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
Heard a very interest comment on a separate early reviewer YT video...

He said the Lightning's 300 mile range rating from Ford is based on running with a 1,000 lb payload because Ford wanted to publish a more "realistic value for how a truck is used." This guy said during his brief ride-along that the intelligent battery monitor was displaying a remaining range of over 330 miles with charge in the high 70%.

Very speculative but he said that could mean an unladened F-150 with larger battery could get well above 300 miles by the normal EPA testing that will not have the one-ton payload onboard.
MKBHD released a video on YouTube and the model he had showed over 360 miles at 80% charge which would mean around 460 miles fully charged.

Sponsored

Ssaygmo

First Name
Sage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Totally
MKBHD released a video on YouTube and the model he had showed over 360 miles at 80% charge which would mean around 460 miles fully charged.
Totally plausible, but I can get my 45 mile range Chevy volt to display 90 miles range if I roll around at super low speeds and never touch the brakes. Then I can get on the highway and kill the battery in 25 miles at 80mph.

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
Totally

Totally plausible, but I can get my 45 mile range Chevy volt to display 90 miles range if I roll around at super low speeds and never touch the brakes. Then I can get on the highway and kill the battery in 25 miles at 80mph.
Not to mention that if the Lightning was really capable of 450+ miles, there’s no way Ford wouldn’t be leading with that. You’ll hear it over and over with EVs than range is king - so in their public reveal, they undersell range by 33%? I understand wanting to be conservative, but that’s extreme. Something doesn't make sense.
Sponsored