First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Alexa command in action opening and closing front trunk.

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

AndroidAppBundle

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bianchi
For those of us who do not use Alexa, is there any other way to open and close the front trunk?

I wish Amazon would just go ahead and acquire Rivian. It is obvious that Amazon wants to "Amazonify" the Rivian brand.

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
I wish these employees that have R1T’s would post something useful like real range their seeing, charging curves, DC fast charging. I’ve asked several of them with no response. Is it that bad or why not share?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Babbuino

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
I wish these employees that have R1T’s would post something useful like real range their seeing, charging curves, DC fast charging. I’ve asked several of them with no response. Is it that bad or why not share?
One of them is going to travel towing a car and said that they will post range info as they go.

stumptown85

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, XC60, Dakota
Occupation
Engineer
These things have been shown and reported on. For example, at the Sonoma event, an employee brought their own personal truck and let’s us play in it. I took this picture of the range numbers, which would be dynamically adjusted based on the owners driving behavior. Additionally, there are now two reviews….Motor Trend and Edmunds that did a real world range test and found they exceeded the EPA estimate in both cases.

What else are you looking for beyond more data points?

Rivian R1T R1S Video: Alexa opening and closing front trunk on R1T F6B75076-84CC-4073-922E-F2197199B1C8

brianmartin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Camaro 2.0t
if they try to make me say Alexa and I can't change the wake word, I won't buy one. And if by turning off internet communication with Amazon, my voice control disappears, I also won't buy one. If a basic vehicle function ever gets locked out if I disable Amazon, I won't buy one. Hope you are listening Rivian!

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

if they try to make me say Alexa and I can't change the wake word, I won't buy one. And if by turning off internet communication with Amazon, my voice control disappears, I also won't buy one. If a basic vehicle function ever gets locked out if I disable Amazon, I won't buy one. Hope you are listening Rivian!
They need to let you name your car and set the wake word to your car's name.

I have a feeling they would have a lot of "Kit"s out there...

OP
OP
Babbuino

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
You can press the left button on the steering wheel instead of saying Alexa

Sponsored

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Because there isn't a single "correct" answer to any of these questions (they're all "your mileage may vary" or "my personal experience has been.") It's lose-lose for Rivian if anecdotal statements are taken as "official" because an employee shared it.

They've already shared what they want to share from official channels.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Thank you for your sacrifice! ?

dmnyc

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
This isn't Rivian, it's Amazon. As far as I know, you can change it to "Computer" so you can pretend to be Captain Kirk.

if they try to make me say Alexa and I can't change the wake word, I won't buy one.

dmnyc

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Anyone know if each driver can have their own Alexa profile connected?
Sponsored