Sponsored

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
My friends have a daughter named Alexa. You can absolutely change the wake word:
https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=21341305011

You can select from “Alexa,” “Amazon,” “Echo,” and “Computer.”

(Google does not allow you to change its wake word, by comparison.)
Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
No one said you need to use the Alexa feature. Just disable
So you're saying that the Rivian OS will sync with my phone contacts for calls and messaging separate from an Alexa sync? If so, then great, but I doubt it.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Probably just going to have to create a burner Amazon account specifically for the truck with no (real) personal data associated with the account.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
So you're saying that the Rivian OS will sync with my phone contacts for calls and messaging separate from an Alexa sync? If so, then great, but I doubt it.
There’s a high probability that the vehicle supports BT PBAP profile like other vehicles to allow contact sync over BT. What was shown in anoter post was Alexa Voice Calling
phonebook Access which is different.

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
How are Alexa commands Going to work without Internet access?

Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
My friends have a daughter named Alexa. You can absolutely change the wake word:
https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=21341305011

You can select from “Alexa,” “Amazon,” “Echo,” and “Computer.”

(Google does not allow you to change its wake word, by comparison.)
That is typically not supported by non-Amazon devices that have Alexa integration. We’ll just have to wait and see until real customers get their hands on the vehicle.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
How are Alexa commands Going to work without Internet access?
Amazon recently announced local voice control for Alexa devices. i’m sure that basic vehicle commands will be supported locally for the times that you do not have Internet access which will be the majority of the time for those that off road in remote locations

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
I wish these employees that have R1T’s would post something useful like real range their seeing, charging curves, DC fast charging. I’ve asked several of them with no response. Is it that bad or why not share?
I wish a non-employee or closely connected person would get their truck.

Sacagawea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Cooper, Harley
For those of us who do not use Alexa, is there any other way to open and close the front trunk?

I wish Amazon would just go ahead and acquire Rivian. It is obvious that Amazon wants to "Amazonify" the Rivian brand.
I'm starting to get that itch on the back of my neck. Wanted to buy from a company that was independent and made their own decisions. If I wanted a big corporation making the decisions I would buy a Ford Lightning.

Sponsored

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
These things have been shown and reported on. For example, at the Sonoma event, an employee brought their own personal truck and let’s us play in it. I took this picture of the range numbers, which would be dynamically adjusted based on the owners driving behavior. Additionally, there are now two reviews….Motor Trend and Edmunds that did a real world range test and found they exceeded the EPA estimate in both cases.

What else are you looking for beyond more data points?

F6B75076-84CC-4073-922E-F2197199B1C8.jpeg
Yes, more data points would be great. Also, just plain data from Rivian. Over the past 3 years, I've asked for a lot of the spec's which we still today do not know?

Examples:

Turning Radius? Rivian what is the turning radius...we don't know at this time. Really?

Payload? So as stated by Rivian and Edmonds, 1,760 lbs. Ok, is that for all trim packages and permanent accessories? Edmonds weight for the R1T with the off-road package and 21" tires, with LE or Adventure Package...weighted? 7,150 lbs. GVWR of the R1T is 8,532 (*doing these from memory) so the payload would be 1,382 lbs so Edmonds is incorrect here. How much does the Max pack add? 300-400 lbs? So is the payload now down to 900-1082 lbs? These and many many more specifications of a vehicle now in production, being delivered to customers, seemingly should be a requirement before being able to sell one. How or why Rivian will still not tell us is beyond frustrating. What is the charging curve on DC Fast charger? Does it slow and taper? If so, when and to what extent? Show us the data. Why do we have to search the internet like detectives for a posting of a picture from a customer?

Love Rivian, but it really is insane the lack of information directly from the company.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I wish these employees that have R1T’s would post something useful like real range their seeing, charging curves, DC fast charging. I’ve asked several of them with no response. Is it that bad or why not share?
To be honest, based on my interactions with most of them the ones on IG are spouse accounts or not quite as nerdy as most of us. For example, someone coming from a Bolt is thrilled with what I could call pretty abysmal DC charging.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Anyone know if each driver can have their own Alexa profile connected?
Just an educated guess, but I bet it will identify your voice if you've enabled that in your household.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Amazon delivery to your R1T frunk in 3… 2… 1…

I mean, why not. They already have that for garage door openers and door locks.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Amazon delivery to your R1T frunk in 3… 2… 1…

I mean, why not. They already have that for garage door openers and door locks.
They actually offered it for cars, already. IIRC they discontinued the service.
Sponsored