Sponsored

VERY DISAPPOINTED!!! No 400+ battery until Jan. 2022?!?!?!

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
This is a major problem for us!!!
Sponsored

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
This is a major problem for us!!!
Maybe they are delaying and planning on a battery density increase. This way they can have a long range R1S with 7 seats. Maybe it will be more than 400 miles by then as well.

UT Rivian

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMWM2

Rad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 and 2004 MDX, 2016 Jeep JK
I may have missed something in the new website and perhaps battery size will be an option in the configurator? Same with color (Launch edition appears to be just green??). We can only hope.

Edit: I didn't read the website - I see the info now for battery size and also that the Launch Edition green is just an option not the only color :)

Last edited:

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
I wouldn't go away mad yet - the actual availability dates will become firmer as the initial orders are made.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lil'O Annie

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
I may have missed something in the new website and perhaps battery size will be an option in the configurator? Same with color (Launch edition appears to be just green??). We can only hope.
Rivian R1T R1S VERY DISAPPOINTED!!! No 400+ battery until Jan. 2022?!?!?! 1605131941129

Reactions: Rad

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Without the 400m pack, then I'll just wait a little longer. Hopefully I'll get my poster one of these days, so I can say that I also got a green R1S

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
Without the 400m pack, then I'll just wait a little longer. Hopefully I'll get my poster one of these days, so I can say that I also got a green R1S
I have also asked what the charge rate will be on the initial deliveries. They are supposed to send me an email tomorrow. I am not happy having to wait that long for 400+, and I also expect to have at least 300KW charging rate. Otherwise my Hummer preorder will win out.

OP
OP
Lil'O Annie

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
...an "Adventure" vehicle...that CAN'T GET YOU THERE AND BACK!!:swear::angry:

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
This way they can have a long range R1S with 7 seats.
It does say in a couple places that longest range R1S will be available at a later date.

I have also asked what the charge rate will be on the initial deliveries.
Somewhere on the new website said 200kW. This is likely a software limitation until they get more thermal and/or BMS data.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Somewhere on the new website said 200kW. This is likely a software limitation until they get more thermal and/or BMS data.
It actually says "sustained at over 200 kW". Peak charging may be higher

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
If they are not delivering 400 mile trucks at the outset because of a technical problem then that technical problem is a huge disaster for them. If they are not delivering 400 mile trucks at the outset as a strategic plan I think its going to be a disastrous decision. I'll hang in there to see what the configurator says but Rivian had better understand that I didn't order this truck two years ago in expectation of delivery of a vehicle that will have no more range 6 months from now than the vehicle I was driving then.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
If they are not delivering 400 mile trucks at the outset because of a technical problem then that technical problem is a huge disaster for them. If they are not delivering 400 mile trucks at the outset as a strategic plan I think its going to be a disastrous decision. I'll hang in there to see what the configurator says but Rivian had better understand that I didn't order this truck two years ago in expectation of delivery of a vehicle that will have no more range 6 months from now than the vehicle I was driving then.
I believe it is a business decision, likely due to battery supply constraint. More vehicles with smaller batteries means more profit & better factory utilization & throughput.

I would be upset too if I wanted the 180kW, but you can't fault companies trying to do things in the smartest way for them, especially startups.
Sponsored