Sponsored

Version 2023.02.03, reduced steering effort to maintain straight ahead driving on crowned roads.

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
I prefer the driving experience with 2022.47.02. Rivian can’t roll back the software, unfortunately.

Version 2022.47.02, considerably improved the ride quality and handing from the previous software.

Version 2023.02.03, reduced steering effort to maintain straight ahead driving on crowned roads. This update made the steering feel numb, a bit loose with a sense of latency on straight roads. It requires a lot of correction now, whereas before, it tracked better.

Version 2023.6.2 did not improve the steering response.

Does anyone have a similar experience?
Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I liked the change. Mine used to pull right and no longer does. So whatever they did, it improved some of the trucks.

drstancpa

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bsu.edu
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Camaro SS & 1992 Firebird T/A verts
Occupation
Education, Accounting
I liked the change. Mine used to pull right and no longer does. So whatever they did, it improved some of the trucks.
Agreed...it made a small but significant difference driving my R1T on two lane highways in particular.

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
My truck has never tracked straight. With the latest updates I still don't track straight AND the vehicle wants to wander around. It sucks.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
No. It’s tracked straight since day 1. I’m fortunate it seems.
For some of us who had what felt like a pull to right (or maybe left in some cases)...it did wonders to remove that sensation.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
My truck has never tracked straight. With the latest updates I still don't track straight AND the vehicle wants to wander around. It sucks.
Sounds like you might have an alignment issue. Mine pulled right and software improved it so much I consider it fixed.

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Sounds like you might have an alignment issue. Mine pulled right and software improved it so much I consider it fixed.
On my 4th alignment. Waiting for Rivian support to schedule my 5th. Of course, I keep calling and they keep saying "we will coordinate with the SC and promise to call you back tomorrow". That's happened at least a dozen times with no call back, though.

I'm convinced:
1. Rivian has NO CLUE how to align their own vehicles.
2. Something is REALLY wrong with my truck but they don't want to just replace it even though they can't fix it.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
On my 4th alignment. Waiting for Rivian support to schedule my 5th. Of course, I keep calling and they keep saying "we will coordinate with the SC and promise to call you back tomorrow". That's happened at least a dozen times with no call back, though.

I'm convinced:
2. Something is REALLY wrong with my truck but they don't want to just replace it even though they can't fix it.
I concur. Sounds like something is really off. Possibly a subframe issue resulting in geometry changes making alignment impossible or dynamic depending on amount of sag present at any given time. I am jist speculating, but based on my forum reading, etc... I have my concerns on these aluminum welded subframes and potential cracks, bends, etc... and then the noises and alignment woes...

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T

I'm convinced:
Did they realign or swap the subframe? That’s what fixed my alignment. And if they have done it 4 times what makes them think they can fix it the 5th time?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Did they realign or swap the subframe? That’s what fixed my alignment. And if they have done it 4 times what makes them think they can fix it the 5th time?
Just alignment. They insist they can do it. I have zero faith though.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

For some of us who had what felt like a pull to right (or maybe left in some cases)...it did wonders to remove that sensation.
And I thought I was crazy this morning! I finally got good alignment after the last service, but this update now has it shaky on certain crowned roads. Not a fan.
Sponsored