Sponsored

Vehicle (Tag) still not registered

pklomboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

This is a long shot but has anyone in Las Vegas received their registration? I got too excited and ordered custom plates. Thought the plates would take a long time but now I have less than 60 days. =P
Sponsored

blkfxstc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Launch Edition
Update on my message above. Just got an email from my guide stating they are sending me all the paperwork to title the vehicle myself and will be refunding the TT&L I paid them for this. I have sent the guide an email back asking when I will receive my TT&L money and how they will compensate me for my time, travel, and PTO day I will need to use to do this myself (I need to go to my county office personally ASAP since my temp tag is expired, they can give me tags and a plate the same day).

I'm very disappointed I was lied to saying my paperwork had already been filed with the Texas DMV. I knew what I signed up for purchasing a new vehicle from a new manufacturer, but lying to the customer is never acceptable to me.

I'll update as I receive new information. Good luck to others in the same situation.
Rivian did not offer to compensate me monetarily for having to do all this myself now, but hinted there may be some swag headed my way. My paperwork is in route. I signed a new BOS to prevent late fees that may have been assessed.

JoulesVerne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LE, 2022 Ioniq 5 SEL
After many, many texts asking my guide to authorize Reg USA to speak with me about the status of the paperwork, I just got an email from him (though it looks sufficiently wordsmithed to be a form email) stating that the DMV is processing my paperwork. That's progress! No idea when it was submitted or what the lead time is in NY currently.

He's also offering "vehicle assistance" from the time the tags expire until I get plates.

r1vlife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch Edition
Rivian did not offer to compensate me monetarily for having to do all this myself now, but hinted there may be some swag headed my way. My paperwork is in route. I signed a new BOS to prevent late fees that may have been assessed.
Did Rivian have you sign a new BOS to prevent late fees? If so that seems a bit fraudulent to me...

First Name
mfa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, 488, Model X, Honda Clarity, 911, Jeep
After 3 weeks of calling/emailing my guide, he finally got back with me this week regarding the registration. I got the same email as everyone else today. I replied back that I would be ok to take the paperwork to the DMV and get my own tags. My tags expire on Tuesday. With my previous history with this guide, looks like my Rivian will be parked next week.

Sponsored

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
After 3 weeks of calling/emailing my guide, he finally got back with me this week regarding the registration. I got the same email as everyone else today. I replied back that I would be ok to take the paperwork to the DMV and get my own tags. My tags expire on Tuesday. With my previous history with this guide, looks like my Rivian will be parked next week.
FWIW, once I got to this point they were quick to get me the documents (8:15 the next morning). Not sure where in Atlanta you are located, but I took them to the tag office in Alpharetta and there was maybe a 10 minute wait there so it's not super crowded. All-in, I was there about 40 minutes or so. Shocking, but the going to the tag office was the easiest part of the entire process.

Some things to be aware of - Rivian told me they would also include the Georgia Registration Form (Form MV-1), but they didn't. Luckily I had done enough work on my own to do this myself (https://dor.georgia.gov/mv-1-dor-motor-vehicle-titletag-application). You can select the online option and fill in all of the requested information, and then you will immediately receive a confirmation page from the state that you print and bring with you. Below is the list of documents you'll need to bring (a few are N/A) that will be listed on your confirmation. Make sure to bring a hard copy of your insurance binder - digital copies or just an insurance card won't work (the person at the desk next to me was dealing with this, but the agent was kind enough to tell her to just email it and she'll print out). Also make sure to bring a check. Good luck!
  • Printed or Digital Copy of This Confirmation Page
  • Proof of Identification
    • Valid Georgia Drivers License or ID
  • Proof of Ownership
    • Vehicle Title (if 1986 or newer vehicle), Bill of Sale (if 1985 or older vehicle), or other proof of ownership
  • Proof of Insurance
    • Note: Insurance binder is required if insurance is not on record with the state. Insurance cards and copies of policy are not acceptable.
  • Emissions Inspection(if applicable)
  • Loan/Lease Documentation (if applicable)
  • Payment
  • Limited Power of Attorney (If someone other than the applicant brings in the documents)

blkfxstc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Launch Edition
Did Rivian have you sign a new BOS to prevent late fees? If so that seems a bit fraudulent to me...
Not sure if that was the reason, should have stated my post differently. I do know the state of TX would have hit me with late fees from the paperwork I signed 03/28.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Probably not super helpful, bur I just had my plates delivered today. Got the title in the mail last week as well.

Approximately 50 days from delivery to receiving all docs.

First Name
mfa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, 488, Model X, Honda Clarity, 911, Jeep
FWIW, once I got to this point they were quick to get me the documents (8:15 the next morning). Not sure where in Atlanta you are located, but I took them to the tag office in Alpharetta and there was maybe a 10 minute wait there so it's not super crowded. All-in, I was there about 40 minutes or so. Shocking, but the going to the tag office was the easiest part of the entire process.

Some things to be aware of - Rivian told me they would also include the Georgia Registration Form (Form MV-1), but they didn't. Luckily I had done enough work on my own to do this myself (https://dor.georgia.gov/mv-1-dor-motor-vehicle-titletag-application). You can select the online option and fill in all of the requested information, and then you will immediately receive a confirmation page from the state that you print and bring with you. Below is the list of documents you'll need to bring (a few are N/A) that will be listed on your confirmation. Make sure to bring a hard copy of your insurance binder - digital copies or just an insurance card won't work (the person at the desk next to me was dealing with this, but the agent was kind enough to tell her to just email it and she'll print out). Also make sure to bring a check. Good luck!
  • Printed or Digital Copy of This Confirmation Page
  • Proof of Identification
    • Valid Georgia Drivers License or ID
  • Proof of Ownership
    • Vehicle Title (if 1986 or newer vehicle), Bill of Sale (if 1985 or older vehicle), or other proof of ownership
  • Proof of Insurance
    • Note: Insurance binder is required if insurance is not on record with the state. Insurance cards and copies of policy are not acceptable.
  • Emissions Inspection(if applicable)
  • Loan/Lease Documentation (if applicable)
  • Payment
  • Limited Power of Attorney (If someone other than the applicant brings in the documents)
Thanks for the above info, very helpful. Hopefully I'll get the documents on Tuesday and then head over to DMV.

User433

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Yukon Denali
Day 2 without a truck I can legally drive. I gave Rivian a pass on the minor stuff (including one multi-day SC visit) up until now but this pushed me over the edge. A barely engaged guide who ignore my multiple asks for help 3 weeks leading up to this. Now he's telling me I need to self register which isn't horrible except he has zero information about when I'll actually get the paperwork work or how I'll get my refund.

Sorry RJ and crew, there's a massive difference between something not working (tenanu cover) and not being able to drive the truck at all. Just as I told people how much I love my truck, I'll also be telling people how much this sucks.

Sponsored

SkyFall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Subaru Outback
Occupation
Medical Device
Day 2 without a truck I can legally drive. I gave Rivian a pass on the minor stuff (including one multi-day SC visit) up until now but this pushed me over the edge. A barely engaged guide who ignore my multiple asks for help 3 weeks leading up to this. Now he's telling me I need to self register which isn't horrible except he has zero information about when I'll actually get the paperwork work or how I'll get my refund.

Sorry RJ and crew, there's a massive difference between something not working (tenanu cover) and not being able to drive the truck at all. Just as I told people how much I love my truck, I'll also be telling people how much this sucks.
Interesting, we received our R1T in Bellevue the end of August 2022 and received our Washington State registration and license plates on Friday, 9/23. The interesting part is they are commercial plates with a D in front of the number. The registration clearly says Commercial. I reached out to our guide to understand why would they register as commercial when we are not. I wonder if this has to do with the vehicle weight and classification in our state? Has anyone else in Washington State had a similar experience?

NooterIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
was a 2019 Ram
Occupation
IT Stuff
It’s an absolute sh!t show for the Riv registration team. I’m in the same boat having to self register but hard to do with MIA paperwork..

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
It’s an absolute sh!t show for the Riv registration team. I’m in the same boat having to self register but hard to do with MIA paperwork..
How'd you manage to do it without paperwork?

JOTGUY

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 , Model Y and take delivery of R1T
Occupation
Real Estate Inv com owner
Clubs

Just found this thread and unfortunately We have joined the ranks of those that cannot drive their vehicles due to the temp tags being expired and ZERO response to my many calls, emails, reach outs to my Guide etc.. this has been going on now for 3 weeks leading up to the expiration date…. We reside in South Carolina and as a Navy Vet have another home in Alabama… register all our vehicles there- Tesla Model Y,3 and S…. no where near this fiasco!

Just a temp tag overnighted would have and would be so simple but past that it has been 3 months since delivery and also note pre - this new self registering process… we are not driving to Alabama to handle this Rivian please do the honorable thing and HANDLE these issues…

I Love my R1T have other ordered as well as an R1S. Have literally been responsible for well over 15 others ordered one of the 2 models….LOVE LOVE LOVE this truck despite a rocky few service visits during my short ownership….BUT as another wrote this registration issue is pushing me over the
Edge…

HELP
Sponsored