Sponsored

Vancouver Open House (Nov 19/20)

LoneI2anger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Yes! Finally some exciting action. Worth mentioning that you did have to RSVP in the email link but I feel like this is open to the public incase you didnt get the email?

OP
OP

1SikhRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Yes! Finally some exciting action. Worth mentioning that you did have to RSVP in the email link but I feel like this is open to the public incase you didnt get the email?
Not sure how they’re going to vet people but my guess is they may have a guest list.

alisdair1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
See y'all there! It doesn't specify if the RSVP is for both days (mine just says 'thanks for confirming'), but I imagine we could go both if we didn't have enough?

Stillwaiting786

First Name
Suk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1-S
Just wondering if everyone received their delivery windows? I have a R1-S, October 2021 order, it says processing on the delivery window. I am in Vancouver

Sponsored

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Those of you going can you ask for us out-of-towners when the Calgary, Toronto and Montreal locations are opening? Also, could you ask if changing to the Vancouver Service Address for pick-up would be possible to speed up timelines? Thanks.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Just wondering if everyone received their delivery windows? I have a R1-S, October 2021 order, it says processing on the delivery window. I am in Vancouver
discussed in this thread:
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/canadian-delivery-timeframe.1639/page-16

Those of you going can you ask for us out-of-towners when the Calgary, Toronto and Montreal locations are opening? Also, could you ask if changing to the Vancouver Service Address for pick-up would be possible to speed up timelines? Thanks.
many months ago I asked an acquaintance who works at Rivian if using my mother in law’s address in california would get me one sooner, he said probably, but not for max pack. Which was still “2023” at that point.

I would not use a rivian address as delivery address. They flag those.

If someone could ferret out what the plan is for service in places not near a service centre that’d be good… like even for someone in southern interior BC, or on the island…

Last edited:

Marty

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi
While at it, i am curious to see how Rivian Canada plan to handle the new luxury tax from Trudeau. If anyone going could ask since our vehicles would be over the weight limit acccording to legislation…

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
While at it, i am curious to see how Rivian Canada plan to handle the new luxury tax from Trudeau. If anyone going could ask since our vehicles would be over the weight limit acccording to legislation…
It’s exempt due to GVW.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Correct, just like the new Hummer. I bet The Feds will try to close this loophole at some point.
It is not a loophole. The legislation has been written deliberately this way. Farmer bob would be very unhappy if his fteen thousand king ranch was subject to luxury tax.

Wolffe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RRS SVR
Oversight versus loophole I guess, as the original legislation was fundamentally written almost three years ago when heavy weight electric SUV’s were not even top of mind.