Vancouver First Mile demo booked!

cbrcanuck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I did my drive yesterday. the downtown part is obviously slow. But they take you underground past the convention center, and then on that road past Helijet. you can get a bit faster down there.
Ah yeah, that’s better. Did you find the experience useful?
Sponsored

BlixemT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and a couple of Germans
Ah yeah, that’s better. Did you find the experience useful?
yes I did. I have now edited my post with some more comments. It was about a 25min drive. But maybe overall thoughts:
- It just felt 'right'. Very comfortable, easy to drive. parallel parking was easy (at the end). 100% a daily driver.
- I was worried what a 800+ hp vehicle would feel like. It just felt natural.
- As the arrival date has been getting closer I have been doing some soul searching as to whether this is the right way to spend $100k+. The drive put me at ease.

cbrcanuck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
yes I did. I have now edited my post with some more comments. It was about a 25min drive. But maybe overall thoughts:
- It just felt 'right'. Very comfortable, easy to drive. parallel parking was easy (at the end). 100% a daily driver.
- I was worried what a 800+ hp vehicle would feel like. It just felt natural.
- As the arrival date has been getting closer I have been doing some soul searching as to whether this is the right way to spend $100k+. The drive put me at ease.
Great info, sounds like we're in exactly the same boat. Re-justifying everything to myself as it gets nearer. What's your current window?

BlixemT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Great info, sounds like we're in exactly the same boat. Re-justifying everything to myself as it gets nearer. What's your current window?
I am 6 weeks out apparently. Truck is on the train heading this way.

I got a bit ahead of myself when I was asked to submit my documents etc, so I sold my previous car. When I spoke to delivery advisor he had a bit of a panic for me because truck is still 6 weeks away. "Lucky" we had a 3rd car, so no issue.

BlixemT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
your comment about "re-justifying" the purchase is soo accurate... But have you seen costs of other vehicle lately? I don't think you can get into a new X5 for cheaper. And a loaded X3 gets pretty damn close. (well for the price us early adopters are paying)

So our family can afford it, but it is just way more than we usually pay for cars. But my final conclusion/ selling point to my wife was this. We can drive it for 6 months, and if then we decide it is not for us, we can sell it and break even (at worst). But we needed a new truck and everything else new is damn expensive as well.

cbrcanuck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
your comment about "re-justifying" the purchase is soo accurate... But have you seen costs of other vehicle lately? I don't think you can get into a new X5 for cheaper. And a loaded X3 gets pretty damn close. (well for the price us early adopters are paying)

So our family can afford it, but it is just way more than we usually pay for cars. But my final conclusion/ selling point to my wife was this. We can drive it for 6 months, and if then we decide it is not for us, we can sell it and break even (at worst). But we needed a new truck and everything else new is damn expensive as well.
Ha, pretty much identical conversations here. My 6 year old asked me again last night why I was getting a Rivian, and it was a good opportunity to make sure I had a reasonable answer. She seemed convinced ;)
Sponsored