Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M2, Kia Telluride
Occupation
Clear Bra Technician
Clubs

Hello Everyone!

My name is Alvaro and I'm the owner of Vaia Design in Riverside, CA. We're new here and wanted to introduce ourselves to the community.

Vaia Design is the official Ceramic Pro Riverside Elite Dealer - we specialize in Paint Protection Film (Clear Bra), Ceramic Pro coatings, Tint, and Vinyl Wraps.

If you're looking for paint protection, tint, or vinyl work, we're your one-stop shop in the Inland Empire.

Please feel free to reach out with any inquiries by shooting us an email at [email protected].

You can also find out a bit more about us on our website: Vaia Design - Ceramic Pro Elite Dealer

We're offering a discount for any forum members - please give us a call or shoot us a message and mention Rivian Forums to get your discount!

We aim to offer high-quality installations, excellent customer service, and a 5-star experience. We're excited to begin working with all of you and we're looking forward to working towards earning your trust.
Sponsored

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
Welcome to the forum!

I live in the Bay Area, so I won't be able to use your service. I had booked an appointment for the Ultimate Armor package for my R1S with a local dealer for next week. Yesterday, I went to their shop to check out the sample work before dropping off my car on Monday and committing $5K. However, I noticed that the edges of the bumper and a few other places were not wrapped and things were not perfectly aligned. I asked the shop owner why the edges were not wrapped and why things were not aligned properly. He told me that Ceramic Pro software does not cut for wrapped edges, and he also asked me why I was complaining when none of his other customers had complained about it. I cancelled my appointment and lost my security deposit, but I would rather lose $250 than waste $5K+. Later, the shop owner changed his words and told me that I would need to pay extra if I wanted wrapped edges since it required more work.

My question: is it true that the Ultimate Armor package does not include wrapped edges? I like the warranty, car fax report and 2 layers of ION coating (understanding its like having 4 layers of regular ceramic coating). Also, Kavaca film 80% VLT has much higher IR rating.

Last edited:

Gee Bee

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vw tdi golf -chevy SSR-997 Turbo S
Occupation
Design
The plotter on software can modify the cut of material.

There is two way to cut material, paper template then mfg a steel rule die for high production or plotter , low production

i have two atom clicker presses for production
Die cutting of seals and film for aircraft.

Good Luck

OP
OP
VaiaDesign

VaiaDesign

Site Sponsor
First Name
Alvaro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M2, Kia Telluride
Occupation
Clear Bra Technician
Clubs

I personally cannot speak to each individual shop's installation practices.

However, when we do any PPF work we try to achieve the most coverage possible. There are limitations to how far we can wrap the film sometimes but we do our best to make the installation as seamless and invisible as possible.

We do make it common practice at our shop to extend edges for better and more complete coverage (which may not be the case at every shop). This does put us at a slightly higher price point than some of our local competitors but we believe it brings more value and a better quality product at the end of the day.

Welcome to the forum!

I live in the Bay Area, so I won't be able to use your service. I had booked an appointment for the Ultimate Armor package for my R1S with a local dealer for next week. Yesterday, I went to their shop to check out the sample work before dropping off my car on Monday and committing $5K. However, I noticed that the edges of the bumper and a few other places were not wrapped and things were not perfectly aligned. I asked the shop owner why the edges were not wrapped and why things were not aligned properly. He told me that Ceramic Pro software does not cut for wrapped edges, and he also asked me why I was complaining when none of his other customers had complained about it. I cancelled my appointment and lost my security deposit, but I would rather lose $250 than waste $5K+. Later, the shop owner changed his words and told me that I would need to pay extra if I wanted wrapped edges since it required more work.

My question: is it true that the Ultimate Armor package does not include wrapped edges? I like the warranty, car fax report and 2 layers of ION coating (understanding its like having 4 layers of regular ceramic coating). Also, Kavaca film 80% VLT has much higher IR rating.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Hello Everyone!

My name is Alvaro and I'm the owner of Vaia Design in Riverside, CA. We're new here and wanted to introduce ourselves to the community.

Vaia Design is the official Ceramic Pro Riverside Elite Dealer - we specialize in Paint Protection Film (Clear Bra), Ceramic Pro coatings, Tint, and Vinyl Wraps.

If you're looking for paint protection, tint, or vinyl work, we're your one-stop shop in the Inland Empire.

Please feel free to reach out with any inquiries by shooting us an email at [email protected].

You can also find out a bit more about us on our website: Vaia Design - Ceramic Pro Elite Dealer

We're offering a discount for any forum members - please give us a call or shoot us a message and mention Rivian Forums to get your discount!

We aim to offer high-quality installations, excellent customer service, and a 5-star experience. We're excited to begin working with all of you and we're looking forward to working towards earning your trust.
Do you offer the Rivian special?

Sponsored

OP
OP
VaiaDesign

VaiaDesign

Site Sponsor
First Name
Alvaro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M2, Kia Telluride
Occupation
Clear Bra Technician
Clubs

Do you offer the Rivian special?
We don't offer the same special Rivian is currently offering. We are offering a 10% discount on our services to forum members.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

We don't offer the same special Rivian is currently offering. We are offering a 10% discount on our services to forum members.
What's the cost for this coverage?

Rivian R1T R1S Vaia Design - Ceramic Pro Riverside Elite Dealer Screenshot_20230511_120039_Gallery

OP
OP
VaiaDesign

VaiaDesign

Site Sponsor
First Name
Alvaro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M2, Kia Telluride
Occupation
Clear Bra Technician
Clubs

What's the cost for this coverage?

Screenshot_20230511_120039_Gallery.jpg
So we're typically at $2,200 for this level of coverage. That would cover the full front end, skid plate under the bumper, as well as the a-pillars.

With the forum discount this pricing would drop down to $1980.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

So we're typically at $2,200 for this level of coverage. That would cover the full front end, skid plate under the bumper, as well as the a-pillars.

With the forum discount this pricing would drop down to $1980.
More coverage. How does the Clear Bra film compare to the Xpel Ultimate Plus? Is it self healing?

OP
OP
VaiaDesign

VaiaDesign

Site Sponsor
First Name
Alvaro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M2, Kia Telluride
Occupation
Clear Bra Technician
Clubs

More coverage. How does the Clear Bra film compare to the Xpel Ultimate Plus? Is it self healing?
Just a little more coverage!

It's very comparable. KAVACA is an 8mil film with a ceramic coating infused top coat and has self-healing properties. It is also backed by a 12-year manufacturer warranty and gets reported on your vehicle's CarFax.

timgradywy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, XC40 Recharge, CTS-V2, Triumph TR6.
Welcome to the forum!

Where did you go? California Detailing in San Francisco does wrapped edges for their Ultimate Armor package. I had mine done there and haven't noticed any issues yet, although my truck has been at Rivian South San Francisco for half of the time it's been wrapped... I didn't see any issues on pickup and they asked me to come back in 1-2 weeks for a checkup. Once I get my truck back from Rivian, that's my next stop.

Tim
Sponsored