Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Model S, Model 3
Clubs

Hey folks

I am happy to announce our v2 MagSafe charger for the R1T and R1S. The differences from v1 being:
1. It's now made with our own custom designed MagSafe pucks where both pucks join together with a single cable
2. We now have skins so you can customize the looks

It's available right now, for $99.95 (without skin). Don't forget to use code GASGONE for 10% off!
https://twraps.com/products/magsafe-charger-for-rivian-r1t-r1s-1

Rivian R1T R1S V2 MagSafe Charger by TWRAPS Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 6.54.02 AM
Sponsored

TimJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6
Fantastic. Are there any pictures of the various options in the R1S and R1T? I’d be curious to know how the various skins look next to the wood. Perhaps others on this forum could share how their chargers look installed on their trucks. I am going to get one, I’m just not sure which one will look best with black mountain interior. I’m sure others are curious how they will look with OC or FE interiors too.

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
Great look! Does this replace or go on top of the existing pad? Can you describe how well the new pad stays in place? If I pick up my phone from the charger, does the pad rise until you break the magetic attaction? Or is the pad force fit or somehow attached to your R1? Thks

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Fantastic. Are there any pictures of the various options in the R1S and R1T? I’d be curious to know how the various skins look next to the wood. Perhaps others on this forum could share how their chargers look installed on their trucks. I am going to get one, I’m just not sure which one will look best with black mountain interior. I’m sure others are curious how they will look with OC or FE interiors too.
Unfortunately not yet, as I just made the skins a few days ago... I will make photos as soon as I get a R1T or R1S again in several weeks.
Based on feedback, the closest look to OEM is the no-skin (cheapest) option and the leather option. The wood one is yet to be tested against the actual interior, my guess is that it will be close but not an exact match, though I haven't been able to verify yet.

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Great look! Does this replace or go on top of the existing pad? Can you describe how well the new pad stays in place? If I pick up my phone from the charger, does the pad rise until you break the magetic attaction? Or is the pad force fit or somehow attached to your R1? Thks
It goes on top of the existing pad. Just place on top, plug the cord and you are good to go.
As for lifting up - this is a heavy product - over 1lbs, so it stays very solid in there, but you either have to push the pad with your fingers are you lift the phone or the pad will stay with the phone as the magnetic force is stronger than that. Some people put double sided tape to keep it together with the existing pad, but in my experience it's super easy to lift up the phone without lifting the pad, if you just position your fingers in a way that you have one finger pushing gently on the pad while lifting the phone (easy to do with one hand of course).

Sponsored

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Curious which charging pucks are being used. The ones with the lighter metal surrounds or the darker? I see both in the pictures on your website without specifying which is being used? Thanks!

Rivian R1T R1S V2 MagSafe Charger by TWRAPS Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 10.03.42 AM

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Curious which charging pucks are being used. The ones with the lighter metal surrounds or the darker? I see both in the pictures on your website without specifying which is being used? Thanks!

Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 10.03.42 AM.png
Oh sorry, the darker! I need to update the main photo as I didn't re-shoot it when shooting the photos for the skins. The new pucks are pretty dark, here is one:

Rivian R1T R1S V2 MagSafe Charger by TWRAPS Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 10.06.02 AM

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Oh sorry, the darker! I need to update the main photo as I didn't re-shoot it when shooting the photos for the skins. The new pucks are pretty dark, here is one:

Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 10.06.02 AM.png
Awesome! Thanks.

TheLTrain

First Name
Leyen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Ford Escape Hybrid
Got one! Been waiting for the single usb version!

e4gaa1104

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S Tesla Model 3 Jeep Wrangler 4XE
Clubs

Nice product. Before I take delivery of my R1S and purchase the MagSafe charging mat, has there been any noise from Rivian about a fix to the original installed charger to make it more fit for purpose?

Sponsored

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Nice product. Before I take delivery of my R1S and purchase the MagSafe charging mat, has there been any noise from Rivian about a fix to the original installed charger to make it more fit for purpose?
I personally haven't heard anything... also keep in mind that my solution is compatible for iPhones and less so for Androids (unless you have an Android that's MagSafe compatible, which usually happens through a MagSafe compatible case if available for the specific model). Rivian would probably like to keep a universal charger that's not for iPhones only.

e4gaa1104

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S Tesla Model 3 Jeep Wrangler 4XE
Clubs

Got it. On the basis we‘re an Apple family I’ll be ordering from you in a few months!

weathermission

First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.weathermission.com
Vehicles
2019 Ford Edge
OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

hey @twraps I noticed on your website product listings for the 20'" AT tire vinyls one of the wheel pictures shows aero inserts. Is that a thing? If so has it shown range improvement?

https://twraps.com/products/spokes-vinyl-covers-for-rivian-20-all-terrain-wheels-r1t-r1s

Just placed an order by the way for your rear storage dividers and gear tunnel entrance protects.
Oh no, sorry for the confusion, that's photos from some 3D render... look only at the photo realistic photos (i.e. not much photoshopped, other than adding texts on them) - this is what it actually looks like.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Hey folks

I am happy to announce our v2 MagSafe charger for the R1T and R1S. The differences from v1 being:
1. It's now made with our own custom designed MagSafe pucks where both pucks join together with a single cable
2. We now have skins so you can customize the looks

It's available right now, for $99.95 (without skin). Don't forget to use code GASGONE for 10% off!
https://twraps.com/products/magsafe-charger-for-rivian-r1t-r1s-1

Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 6.54.02 AM.png
This looks good. I like that it uses only 1 USB port so I can reserve the second USB for something else.
Sponsored