Sponsored

Utah

SleepySheepie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, FJ40, MG TF1500, Model S, Lotus
Anyone else from the land of the "Greatest Snow on Earth" and "The Mighty Five" national parks?
Sponsored

Last edited:

UT Rivian

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMWM2
Here! R1S reservation.

:handsinair:

OP
OP
SleepySheepie

SleepySheepie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S reserved too! Though, the R1T is tempting. I just don't think the dogs will fit in the back seat of the truck...

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
R1S reserved too! Though, the R1T is tempting. I just don't think the dogs will fit in the back seat of the truck...
I've read the R1S will share about ~85% of the R1T. The only thing I've read that's different with regards to the second row is that the R1T has under seat storage. Out of curiosity what have you read / seen / heard that makes you concerned your dogs won't fit in the R1T but they will fit in the R1S?

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Out of curiosity what have you read / seen / heard that makes you concerned your dogs won't fit in the R1T but they will fit in the R1S?
Probably the additional interior space behind the 2nd row. ;)

Sponsored

OP
OP
SleepySheepie

SleepySheepie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pure assumption that they won't fit in the second row of the R1S either, and that I'll be able to use the cargo area like skyote suggests.

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well, yes of course. I was clearly focused on just the 2nd row and that maybe you had an implied requirement that it had to be used, say, for ease of loading and unloading or whatever. Plus I also thought you may had some how determined the gear tunnel encroached on the 2nd row area making it slightly smaller. Glad to hear that's not the case. .... Having had two SUVs and never a pickup, I'm definitely used to the cargo area though I will say this past year has stretched my imagination of how I could use the bed of the pickup. Unfortunately most of my ideas fall short due to the short bed length. Probably will stick with the R1S.

Reactions: Rad

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Having had two SUVs and never a pickup, I'm definitely used to the cargo area though I will say this past year has stretched my imagination of how I could use the bed of the pickup. Unfortunately most of my ideas fall short due to the short bed length. Probably will stick with the R1S.
I say borrow, rent, or buy a trailer for when you might need more cargo room or a truck bed.

I have both a truck w/ 6.5' bed & a cargo/car hauler trailer, and rarely use either, honestly. And that's despite living on acreage in TX...our current SUVs fit the bill 98% of the time, and the truck is primarily used for towing our fifth wheel RV.

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I say borrow, rent, or buy a trailer for when you might need more cargo room or a truck bed.
Yea, pretty much what I had concluded. Plus, for me there are still way more pros to having the enclosed and secure cargo area of the SUV even though that will come at premium of $3500 more than the R1T.

To direct this back to the OP, though I'm not from Utah I've had some pretty memorial trips there that range from skiing the Wasatch mountain range, biking in Moab and hikes through various national parks. It's been a while so I look forward to my next adventure in Utah ... but this time hopefully in my R1S! :fingerscrossed:

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Park City resident for 20 years. We ski, backpack in the Wind River range, hike, climb in Tetons, and enjoy the Moab, Bryce, and Zion desert beauty. 2019 a special year for the family — Tesla 3 and Land Cruiser. But there is nothing like the R1S. Went to the Atlanta Rivian show. Talked with engineers, designers, and even R.J. What’s to say? Living in the Rockies — looking out my windows at a stunning scene — no vehicle excites like these, the R1S and R1T (except the Tesla full-size pickup). My preference for the R1’s is rooted in their unique performance capabilities, and 3/4 size. They are smaller than a Sequoia and LC which makes them traffic friendly and great for dirt. Adventure vehicles indeed, no matter which version one buys. High expectation. May Rivian deliver on time!

Sponsored

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Tundra/'18 Audi S6/'19 Rubicon/'22 R1T
Shout out to my Utah people. I have a 400 mile R1T reserved. Will be hard to wait, but I want the bigger battery for the vast and desolate places I plan to take it in the most beautiful state in the country!!

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Park City here. Have an R1T LE configured from a 9/2019 reservation. Hoping to take delivery on Oct/Nov. ?

OP
OP
SleepySheepie

SleepySheepie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ended up switching from the R1S to the R1T when I configured my LE! Still making up my mind! Can't wait!

Lit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Nissan Pathfinder, Mazda CX9
Here in Davis County. I have R1T LE from Nov. 2018 reservation and R1S LE from Oct 2020 reservation.
Sponsored