Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

@Roach Pro tip, put a tarp down in the bed prior to laoding it with mulch etc. I do it in my SUV all the time and you'd be surprised how much cleaner it is in the aftermath, but also if "yer feelin' strong" you can drag a good portion of the mulch etc out by pulling on the tarp and just sliding it out.
Sponsored

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
That's why I kinda liked the on the towhook option, since it was off to the side and I'd assume can be easily moved directly onto the winch somehow.
That would be my second choice. What I like about it other than price is that I could have the plate tilted for better aerodynamics.

OP
OP
Roach

Roach

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford Escape, (Pre-Order: Rivian R1T)
Occupation
Engineer / Project Manager
@Roach Pro tip, put a tarp down in the bed prior to laoding it with mulch etc. I do it in my SUV all the time and you'd be surprised how much cleaner it is in the aftermath, but also if "yer feelin' strong" you can drag a good portion of the mulch etc out by pulling on the tarp and just sliding it out.
smart! thanks!

but even with a tarp, I will still be buying stone by the bag, or with delivery/someone elses' truck ;)

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Hah! I learned long ago to put down a tarp in the bed when hauling mulch/barkdust/gravel/similar. Even on my old beat up pickup. Going through your pictures, I instantly cringed when I saw the mulch "oh, crap, that's going to be *EVERYWHERE*, isn't it?"

Get a tarp that is big enough to completely enclose your loose load, put ratchet straps or similar down first, then the tarp, then get your loose load poured in, then close the tarp over it, and strap down the tarp. No blowing crap while you drive, only the residual-from-pouring-overspray in the other bits. (And if you lay the tarp down right, you can cover the tonneau, bed gate flap, spoiler, etc, before they pour.) Sure, other areas will still get bark/mulch dust, but at least not in the worrying places.

Sponsored

GEON

First Name
GEON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Technology Executive
OK, lazy ass homeowner tip - get a dump trailer. Then you can haul 2 yards and dump it where you want, keep the bed of the truck clean and not worry about the potential of skid steer/dump damage! I've been getting gravel at 2 yards at a time...

Harvest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Rivian R1T Adventure Forest Green
Occupation
agriculture
As someone who uses the equivalent of about 7-8 Rivian truck loads of mulch a year, I agree with the posters above that a tarp is the way to go. Especially when using dyed mulch to avoid the dye staining things.

The other pro tip I have from years of using trucks is to use a piece of plywood on the bed floor if hauling something really heavy or sharp edged to avoid marring the bed liner.

I probably will not let a skid loader with mulch near my Rivian for a year or more after I get it this fall. I've got a trailer I'll use instead, just don't trust those guys, I've seen then wiggle that buck up and down rapidly one too many times.

Gimmeoneofeach

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Land Rover Defender 110, Range Rover HSE
Clubs

There is no way to turn it off in the settings? That would annoy the heck out of my neighbors at night, charging in my driveway.
Yes. You can turn it off. Go to settings - vehicle- exterior lights and turn off charging light indicators

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Kid 1: I double dare you to go to old man @Roach …he’s an alien.

Kid 2: Nuh uh. No way.

Kid 1: Yea, I saw him working on his spaceship last night.

Kid 2: You’re lying.

Kid 1: Then go ahead, do it.

Kid 2: …OMG I saw his spaceship too!!

Rivian R1T R1S Using my R1T, an Adventure in trying it out as a Work Truck. (my initial review w/ pics) 1657169592849

OP
OP
Roach

Roach

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Hah! I learned long ago to put down a tarp in the bed when hauling mulch/barkdust/gravel/similar. Even on my old beat up pickup. Going through your pictures, I instantly cringed when I saw the mulch "oh, crap, that's going to be *EVERYWHERE*, isn't it?"

Get a tarp that is big enough to completely enclose your loose load, put ratchet straps or similar down first, then the tarp, then get your loose load poured in, then close the tarp over it, and strap down the tarp. No blowing crap while you drive, only the residual-from-pouring-overspray in the other bits. (And if you lay the tarp down right, you can cover the tonneau, bed gate flap, spoiler, etc, before they pour.) Sure, other areas will still get bark/mulch dust, but at least not in the worrying places.
I see you have the wisdom of many a truck years!
I am totally going to do this for future mulch runs.
Also I need to get the brown dye out of the bed... soap and scrub isn't removing it as easy as I expected.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Roach

Roach

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

1657169592849.jpeg
hahah I love this!

Utecitec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
Yes. You can turn it off. Go to settings - vehicle- exterior lights and turn off charging light indicators
The green lights turn off when I lock my truck anyway. And at home only seem to stay on for about a minute.

kewlasu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LA Silver Adventure Large Pack 21"
Clubs

1657169592849.jpeg
An idea for Halloween 🎃 🤪
Sponsored