Sponsored

Upgrading / changing tire size requires service center visit (for engineering team to make change)

computertom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Bronco Raptor, '80 911 SC
Is it ridiculous? Other than Tesla, what manufactures allow you to specify a new tire size in the UI?
Porsche supported this on my 991.2 since 2017. There’s a simple menu to select 19” winter or summers or 20” summers. Not infinite. But covers the options that fit that car.
Sponsored

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
I'm getting my 22's swapped for 20's in a few days at the SC and hoping that's the only trip I need to make for wheel swapping.

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
Porsche supported this on my 991.2 since 2017. There’s a simple menu to select 19” winter or summers or 20” summers. Not infinite. But covers the options that fit that car.
That would do the trick. Just a 20, 21, 22 selector for OE wheel/tire combos. That would be enough to cover reasonable choices.

EVerywhere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C8 Corvette, Cayenne, Mk8 GTI, KTM 350-XCFW
Occupation
Technology
Clubs

I think we need wheel diameter plus tire type (AT,AS,Winter, Summer), and profile esp for those of us planning on running 275/60 20s).

mindstormsguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Some
That’s cool, and I would like the feature. I’m not saying they shouldn’t do it. I just don’t agree that it’s ridiculous that they haven’t. That’s a pretty uncommon feature. People have been swapping wheel sizes on all sorts for vehicles for 100 years, and not recalibrating the speedo when they do so. It’s not like the lack of an option prevents anything.

I think it’s ridiculous that they don’t have a battery and motor temp gauge on the dash (or anywhere else). That is such a simple and standard feature. Why do they treat us like idiots? Even Apple doesn’t make their UIs that “simple” anymore. I’m digressing though.

I do wish they would start adding more configuration and information on the in vehicle software.

Sponsored

JACE

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Thanks for the information. Hopefully, Rivian will add this to our ability to configure in the system settings soon. . Sounds like if I do the wheel swap myself at my local shop is not going to have any real impact.

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

Any recent updates on this? I have 22s on my R1S, thinking about purchasing 20s for trail rides. When I swap between the two, what happens? Is my speed off or does it use GPS? I seem to hear conflicting opinions here. Has this been added as a feature yet so I can change it?

HeresRonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Gambler
Any recent updates on this? I have 22s on my R1S, thinking about purchasing 20s for trail rides. When I swap between the two, what happens? Is my speed off or does it use GPS? I seem to hear conflicting opinions here. Has this been added as a feature yet so I can change it?
Went from 21 to 20 and didn’t get the “software updated” by Rivian for a month. Speedometer was accurate, no real changes that I noticed other than range was a little wonky.

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

Went from 21 to 20 and didn’t get the “software updated” by Rivian for a month. Speedometer was accurate, no real changes that I noticed other than range was a little wonky.
Thanks. What did "updating the software" do then? Just range?

HeresRonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Gambler
Thanks. What did "updating the software" do then? Just range?
Range become more accurate and the vehicle splash screens updated but I think that was it. Maybe there was some hidden software or vehicle functionality I don’t know about that someone else can chime in on.
Sponsored