Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I am in PA also and do not have my truck yet. If what is said here is now the case, which I will wait for confirmation on, I will have to cancel my order. I just hope this isn't the case.
Probably should. I don't think I'd take delivery unless I thought I could reasonably get the truck in for service on my own (~ 1.5 hrs drive max). This is why I think Rivian should continue to prioritize delivery to those close to services centers.
Sponsored

Mike TDM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
11 Chevy Volt, 11 Camaro 1SS, 02 Chevy 2500HD,
Occupation
Retired
Probably should. I don't think I'd take delivery unless I thought I could reasonably get the truck in for service on my own (~ 1.5 hrs drive max). This is why I think Rivian should continue to prioritize delivery to those close to services centers.
Yes 3+ hour drive and 330 miles round trip. This so would suck! One way to get rid of pre March order holders that live in the sticks!

Reactions: Guy

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I can't wait to hear about how Rivian forced you to sell the vehicle back to them. Fired you as a customer.
I'm not sure what that means. Can you explain?

jbssfelix

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3; Rivian R1S
Clubs

Y'all are a funny bunch. I'm sure there's plenty of people in the US that live hundreds of miles away from the nearest same-brand dealership as their new car (quick and dirty example Sunshine WY is >100 miles to the nearest Ford or Toyota 'ship). And if something goes wrong, even if under warranty, there is no expectation that Ford or Toyota will send a tow truck back and forth from your house to the dealership. Plus, unlike Rivian, you generally have to get your ass to the nearest dealership itself just to buy the car.

I'm really not sure why there's such a different expectation for Rivian.

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
Looks like a lot of pissed off people. If anyone has an R1S, Iā€™ll give you a real good offer to buy it. šŸ˜‚

I guess Iā€™m in the minority here, but I would NOT want them trailering my truck to the SC if it was drivable. I would opt for mobile service or taking the truck there myself. The closest SC currently is about 140 miles from me and Iā€™ve driven a lot farther for dumber reasons than getting my truck fixed.

Sponsored

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
I don't have my truck yet, but I understand Rivian is encouraging you opening a ticket for each problem. Especially if deferred until you "bring it in". It does seem like some tickets have more than one problem, but if I understand correctly several problems and therefore tickets could be open for the same physical visit as additional items are found.

Wrong?
My ticket 54### has 6 things to get fixed on it. One ticket number.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I'm really not sure why there's such a different expectation for Rivian.
Because Rivian said they would service at our house or transport back to SC.

Toyota doesn't tell customers they'll do that, so it's not reasonable for a customer to expect it.

But when Rivian told customers they'll do it, then it's understandable why a customer would be upset when Rivian doesn't honor their commitment.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I do find it interesting that a common complaint I read on these forums is that location is prioritized over per-order date and those living far from a service center are not getting cars who ordered long before others. "Rivian Lottery." While this thread clearly explains the challenges faced when there isn't a service center near by. While I get most folks upset about this change already have a truck, I bet those that don't (like me) would rather have a truck ASAP and deal with this pain than not have a truck at all and wait an unknown amount of time until a service center gets built close by. Probably a pick your battles kind of thing.
I was talking about the same thing here where I thought it would help Rivian to ask remote people which they prefer: faster delivery or better service? https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/where-the-hell-is-my-r1t.8611/post-211973

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I'm not sure what that means. Can you explain?
BY CREATING A RIVIAN ACCOUNT, USING RIVIAN MOBILE APPLICATIONS OR RIVIAN WEBSITES, PLACING AN ORDER FOR A RIVIAN VEHICLE OR OTHER PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, INCLUDING CHARGING AND VEHICLE SERVICE FROM RIVIAN YOU ACCEPT AND ARE BOUND BY THESE RIVIAN TERMS.

" YOU MAY NOT ORDER OR OBTAIN A RIVIAN VEHICLE OR PRODUCTS OR SERVICES FROM RIVIAN IF YOU (A) DO NOT AGREE TO THESE RIVIAN TERMS, "

If you want to try to strong-arm a big company into doing something that they don't want to do, a legal recourse for them is to buy you out of their obligation. Which is the vehicle they sold you. That, if you got pre-march pricing, they could resell right now for more money. And you won't legally be allowed to talk about it because of their confidentiality clause, that was also agreed to.

Do people really not read these things?

aw113sgte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1t
Exactly.

I was willing to pay for a third party shop to perform an alignment since Rivian did such a poor job at the factory. Rivian refused to share the specs with the shop. Rivian said only they can do the alignment.

If they want to play gatekeeper with parts and info then they can pay for transport.
This could be because they are the only ones that can tell the vehicle to level so that the alignment is accurate. Now with camp mode that may no longer be the case.

Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
I called Rivian service, this afternoon, to check on my ticket status. I have tickets that are 2.5 months old and still waiting scheduling. They confirmed I would either need to bring them the vehicle, or pay for transport...
Okay, sorry to say looks like that's now the norm for vehicles that are still "drivable". How about non-drivable vehicles under warranty?

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
Thatā€™s just great. My closest SC that seems to be able to do anything significant is 6 HOURS ONE WAY.

Thatā€™s potentially a 12 hr drive for a ā€œtock lubeā€

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Thatā€™s just great. My closest SC that seems to be able to do anything significant is 6 HOURS ONE WAY.
How on earth did you qualify for delivery if you're 6hrs from the nearest SC?

Edit: I see you said "SC that seems to be able to do anything significant" so I guess you have closer SC's?

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

This could be because they are the only ones that can tell the vehicle to level so that the alignment is accurate. Now with camp mode that may no longer be the case.
It still may need to be put into a special service mode. Our Land Rover needs to be put into tight tolerance mode for the duration of the alignment. I think it makes the suspension react to smaller changes faster as the alignment is performed, always keeping the vehicle parallel with the ground.

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
Uh, donā€™t hate the player/hate the game?

I have no control how Rivian works.

My closest delivery SC is 2.5hrs. They could not do an 8hr total dash disassembly and replace radar computer. (Took Atlanta two tries - 4 6hr tows)

How on earth did you qualify for delivery if you're 6hrs from the nearest SC?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.