Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Amazon has a scheme where you set up your own logistics business and they contract you for deliveries. You own/lease your own vehicles and hire your own drivers. I assume they gave these contractors options to purchase EDVs through Amazon.
That sounds right. It’s a way of scaling your business (deliveries) without long term committing to staffing/assets.
Sponsored

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Amazon has a scheme where you set up your own logistics business and they contract you for deliveries. You own/lease your own vehicles and hire your own drivers. I assume they gave these contractors options to purchase EDVs through Amazon.
Exactly.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

I’m open to an alternate location if that works for others. I’m coming from Bainbridge so anywhere eastside works for me.

Can you propose a location and let’s get some feedback here?
i think RTC is fine

oh, never mind. looks like the consensus is to move it. could you confirm where the meet up is again?

OP
OP
PappaBolt

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

i think RTC is fine

oh, never mind. looks like the consensus is to move it. could you confirm where the meet up is again?
The Landing off of 405 in Renton. The Target parking lot. Sorry about the location churn. Hope you can make it!

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
3rd party amazon delivery. I mispoke...it's 4 EDVs at 125k each. They're the long ones.
Unfortunately he's out of town this weekend
Interesting, I didn't realize Amazon was making them available to their local "shipping companies" as @Forager1 mentioned. That's neat, I would have loved to see the EDV!

Sponsored

Legi0n

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Blue
Occupation
IT
Clubs

R1T RB/OC, 21"ATs+spare, reinforced underbody, field kit, cargo crossbars (not currently on, did some runs to the dump last weekend). I do have PPF from a SeaTac location. Looking forward to meeting some folks. We should probably meet up just north of the chargers. E-NE area of the parking lot.

Last edited:

bgmaxey

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Public Safety
Confirming I will be there- thanks again. FG/BM; 21 Road; crossbars; TWRAPS sills/screens; front/pillar PPF/ceramic on rest; Brainexploder front plate mount; broken tonneau (as of last week).

Sponsored

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
@PappaBolt

I will bring the DJI Magic Air in hopes it will allow me (Renton airport close by) to take off an rise to a shallow altitude of 25' - for a video and photos of the group.
All: if you want your Rivian in the vid/pictures, I plan to fly at 9:30am. That will given everyone an extra 30 minute buffer for traffic, etc.

OP
OP
PappaBolt

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

@PappaBolt

I will bring the DJI Magic Air in hopes it will allow me (Renton airport close by) to take off an rise to a shallow altitude of 25' - for a video and photos of the group.
All: if you want your Rivian in the vid/pictures, I plan to fly at 9:30am. That will given everyone an extra 30 minute buffer for traffic, etc.
Awesome. I’ll coordinate staged parking for some epic footage.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Awesome. I’ll coordinate staged parking for some epic footage.
Since it will be, “Epic,” I best charge up the batteries and make sure the latest firmware is on board!

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
@PappaBolt

Looks like we may be able to fly, as the DJI geofenced no fly zone is not over the Target parking lot, but is close!

Rivian R1T R1S [Updated][Seattle Area] Rivian Roundup, Saturday 11/12/22 9a-11a 1BD130D2-3F78-43C9-9203-65006C8DC9BD

OP
OP
PappaBolt

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Looks like we may be able to fly, as the DJI geofenced no fly zone is not over the Target parking lot, but is close!
Hopefully Target doesn’t object to our short parking lot takeover. :cool:
Sponsored