Sponsored

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Are you kidding? An R1T has no chance of completing KOH. It might be possible by accepting a lot of severe damage and winching up the entire way:
1654552436325.png

but of course the R1T doesn't have a winch :-(
Whoa! This thread went off on a bit of a tangent didn't it?
Sponsored

OP
OP
RivianXpress

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Bringing back the thread to its subject.

Rivian service called me today and confirmed all parts are in. They will install this week and hope to have the truck back to me on Friday. I asked that they fix a couple panel gaps while it's in service and they said no problem.

Impressed with the communication and updates from the service dept in SF.

norivian

First Name
norivianyet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T in 2023 🤞
Thank you for sharing your experiences. I was thinking of trading in my current EV for R1T but maybe I should reconsider.

Does Rivian give you a loaner when they pick up yours for warranty repair/s?

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
All of what you said along with the fact that selling 25,000 cars per year, each losing say 4 kWh/ day (to make math easy) is wasting 100,000 kWh day or 3,650,000 kWh per year. And for me, DOD retiree, that's not good for National Security when we have to import OPEC oil to make that electricity disappear into some Rivian Vampire... Nor good for the grid or environment.
I'm with you that the vampire drain could be an issue, but it's definitely not "every vehicle is losing 4kWh a day."

There are some reports of that, and some to the contrary. Mine lost 2% in a week unplugged, which is way less than my Tesla.

OP
OP
RivianXpress

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Thank you for sharing your experiences. I was thinking of trading in my current EV for R1T but maybe I should reconsider.

Does Rivian give you a loaner when they pick up yours for warranty repair/s?
Yup, they provided an R1T loaner which they delivered less than 24 hours after they picked mine up.

Sponsored

BillArnett

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T; Tesla Model 3 (Cybertruck on order)
Occupation
Retired
I'm with you that the vampire drain could be an issue, but it's definitely not "every vehicle is losing 4kWh a day."

There are some reports of that, and some to the contrary. Mine lost 2% in a week unplugged, which is way less than my Tesla.
Perhaps Rivian should publish a little note about power usage when not moving and how to reduce it.

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (upgraded), 20"] 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

I like how this error message pops up on the other screen from what you are actively using to change the drive mode. The error pops up on the driver display, while you are clicking buttons on the center display. It took a few click and say "WTF?" a few too many times for my eye to catch the error.
Agreed. When it happened to me, I repeatedly pressed the button for Rock Crawl, but it wouldn't switch into Rock Crawl. Eventually I noticed the brief error message on the other screen.
Sponsored