Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
How do these (aside from the yellow accent) compared to third party ones if any is available?

GR

Ginny

First Name
Ginny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 escalade ext, 2019 corvette
Occupation
retired
Just got my floor mats today! 10/1

OP
OP
ironpig

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Got my mats yesterday. Not as stiff or thick as a weather tech, but fairly consistent with other all weather mats that you'd get from manufacturer.

They fit, they aren't slippery and I can hose the dirt off them. That's the job and they do it.

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Got my mats yesterday. Not as stiff or thick as a weather tech, but fairly consistent with other all weather mats that you'd get from manufacturer.

They fit, they aren't slippery and I can hose the dirt off them. That's the job and they do it.
Thanks for the comparison. The Weather Tech ones are probably similar in cost, right? I might just end up ordering from Rivian.

GR

Sponsored

OP
OP
ironpig

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Thanks for the comparison. The Weather Tech ones are probably similar in cost, right? I might just end up ordering from Rivian.

GR
Im not sure what they cost. The only reason I got the Rivian mats was because there werenā€™t any other options at the time I got my truck. But if I was buying now Iā€™d just get whatever was available. The weather tech mats are likely better.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Im not sure what they cost. The only reason I got the Rivian mats was because there werenā€™t any other options at the time I got my truck. But if I was buying now Iā€™d just get whatever was available. The weather tech mats are likely better.
The problem is nothing is available...

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
The problem is nothing is available...
Arenā€™t Smartliner and Husky supposed to be available soon? I have the OEM all weathers ordered, but I like the aftermarket much better for similar prices. Iā€™m debating if I should cancel the OEMs or what.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Arenā€™t Smartliner and Husky supposed to be available soon? I have the OEM all weathers ordered, but I like the aftermarket much better for similar prices. Iā€™m debating if I should cancel the OEMs or what.
That's what folks say and have been for a while. I ended up cancelling my OEM mats at confirmation in hopes of some better mats...so far that seems like a mistake.

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
That's what folks say and have been for a while. I ended up cancelling my OEM mats at confirmation in hopes of some better mats...so far that seems like a mistake.
Yeah I can understand that. I may contact Husky and Smartliner to see what they say about timing. If itā€™s going to be a while, then Iā€™ll just keep the OEM all season to have something before winter.

Sponsored

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Are those better in quality/longevity in general at similar cost? I have only had OEM ones (Honda) as I have always been able to negotiate those to be included at no extra cost.

GR

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

Iā€™ve emailed 3D Mats to see if they have mats in development.

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Are those better in quality/longevity in general at similar cost? I have only had OEM ones (Honda) as I have always been able to negotiate those to be included at no extra cost.

GR
The aftermarket mats typically have a lot better/more coverage of the floors than the OEM mats. The pictures Iā€™ve seen of the aftermarket mats look really good.

tiltedandsaltyaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Iā€™ve emailed 3D Mats to see if they have mats in development.
I emailed them and they said that it's in the R&D Phase and that it generally takes 7-9 months. This was back in August 2022. I offered them a R1T to scan but they didn't seem interested

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

I emailed them and they said that it's in the R&D Phase and that it generally takes 7-9 months. This was back in August 2022. I offered them a R1T to scan but they didn't seem interested
I got the same response this AM. Seems canned.
Sponsored