Sponsored

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

There are black volcanic sand beaches in Hawaii....
...and I was at one last week - and some turtles happened to be there - perhaps for some Forest Edge accent?
Rivian R1T R1S [Update: Official look at new OC interior w/ dark-stained ash wood] Ocean Coast with BM wood trim are shipping soon according to service center guide IMG_2113.JPG
Sponsored

jollyroger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
Lol. We posted about the same post within 2 minutes of each other. Jollyroger, perhaps you can get some local pirates to fashion you new trim out of driftwood?
That would be Arrrrrsome!!!

jollyroger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
I've been a pre-holder since early 2019, told a month or so back I was on track for OC at the end of this month. Emailed guide, no word yet. But here's a mockup of the ocean coast I threw together quickly with the wood from forest edge. Nothing like some what-ifs...

Mockup
Ocean_Coast_Forest_Edge_Wood.jpg
This was the mockup of the FE wood, but it seemed like not as many folks liked it as much as the Black wood on OC

jollyroger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
We're putting a lot of faith into what one person at a service center said.

It's something we've speculated at before and certainly possible, but let's wait for official word.

I'd prefer the lighter wood, but only if it looks high quality. The wood in the BM is great and was easily the highlight of the interior for me.
To BluAussie, did the CS say an announcement is coming or was that what you interpreted?

Sponsored

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

The forest edge wood doesn't look good in the render but I think it would in real life.

Taycanfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
I like the BM wood better with the OC fabric, personally. It's a bit too loud with the FE wood, IMO.

If they're only going to pick one, the BM is definitely the safer choice. White cloth with black trim is a super standard car interior.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
The forest edge wood doesn't look good in the render but I think it would in real life.
Blue you're one of the earliest pre-orders still holding out for OC from what I can tell. Would you take the OC with BM wood option?

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Response from Rivian Customer Service:
Rivian R1T R1S [Update: Official look at new OC interior w/ dark-stained ash wood] Ocean Coast with BM wood trim are shipping soon according to service center guide 1660840567473

Rivian R1T R1S [Update: Official look at new OC interior w/ dark-stained ash wood] Ocean Coast with BM wood trim are shipping soon according to service center guide 1660840702597

Doesn't mean anything but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

OP
OP

BluAussie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S
It wasn't an interpretation. It was said an announcement would be coming and that they just heard of the decision themselves.

I fully understand the suspicion of its accuracy, and I won't claim it to be a done deal. I just wanted to share my encounter as I hadn't seen it discussed before and thought it might renew some hope to those waiting on OC, if true.

Sponsored

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
Yeah, there seems to be one customer service person in the know that lets these nuggets slip. Most of these oddly specific nuggets have turned out to be true.

Taycanfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
I'm not doubting what you heard! Just know that sometimes 95% of people at a company agree on something and then last minute the one person that has to approve it changes their mind.

I'm down for BM wood in OC, I'd immediately switch my BM over to it.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Blue you're one of the earliest pre-orders still holding out for OC from what I can tell. Would you take the OC with BM wood option?
I think I would just because of the Rareness factor but if they offer the option to everyone maybe not then. I do really like the light pine color in the render I would much rather have that.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
I think I would just because of the Rareness factor but if they offer the option to everyone maybe not then. I do really like the light pine color in the render I would much rather have that.
Interesting take. I think I would due to the fact that if they are offering this, they must have pretty bad issues with the light wood which would likely delay the lighter wood quite a bit. I was willing to wait a while for it, but not years.

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
FWIW, I just checked with CS and they weren’t aware of the BM wood entering the OC interior lineup. But I do very much hope it’s true …
Sponsored