Last edited by a moderator:

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Cool, but that's a running board test. A rock slider test is the weight of the vehicle pushing the slider against a rock. Which I'm hoping to see soon so I can buy some!
They did post a pic of the truck being jacked up via the slider.

I do agree with you though, 1600lbs isn't the same as 7200lbs of truck (even if you take half of that) slamming down on a rock.

We're getting there though. Looking forward to seeing the install process and some real-world usage.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Everybody take a deep breath. 2 weeks ago there were literally no rock slider choices and now our cup runneth over with 2. As the DCE folks said, they got caught off guard by the overwhelming response and more info and answers are coming soon… a concept you should all be familiar with.

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Everybody take a deep breath. 2 weeks ago there were literally no rock slider choices and now our cup runneth over with 2. As the DCE folks said, they got caught off guard by the overwhelming response and more info and answers are coming soon… a concept you should all be familiar with.

Rivian R1T R1S Update - DCE Rock Sliders stress test -- weight bearing and being jacked up (videos added) 1668308785414

Sponsored

OP
OP
DCE

DCE

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.weistec.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T & R1S
Occupation
Engineering
Cool, but that's a running board test. A rock slider test is the weight of the vehicle pushing the slider against a rock. Which I'm hoping to see soon so I can buy some!
Thanks for the comment. Since our Rock Sliders double as running boards we wanted to show how incredibly strong these are from the top. Did you see the video (now added to first post) where we used a Jack to lift the entire truck with the outer edge of the Rock Slider? If you can imagine replacing the Jack with a rock……

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Thanks for the comment. Since our Rock Sliders double as running boards we wanted to show how incredibly strong these are from the top. Did you see the video where we used a Jack to lift the entire truck with the outer edge of the Rock Slider? If you can imagine replacing the Jack with a rock……
Yes - I DID miss that video. Just looked it up. Looks great. I've run sliders on 4Runners and Land Cruisers but always knew what I was doing mounting them. Like others, just being cautious with the Rivian add ons until I understand the mounting situation but I will be buying sliders for sure.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
@DCE, could we please see pictures of the underside of the abused test vehicle sliders in all their glory?

Thank you for leading the Rivian charge. Pun intended.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Thanks for the comment. Since our Rock Sliders double as running boards we wanted to show how incredibly strong these are from the top. Did you see the video (now added to first post) where we used a Jack to lift the entire truck with the outer edge of the Rock Slider? If you can imagine replacing the Jack with a rock……
As I asked before...can the doors still open when it's jacked up? What about jacking with both wheels off the ground on that side? When you're hung up on a rock these are issues we care about. We're all glad these exist...we just want to make sure they're up to the challenge of running trails.

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P
Are these for sale or a prototype? It would be helpful to have your website in your signature at least so we can check out all the aftermarket accessories for sale

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

OP
OP
DCE

DCE

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.weistec.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T & R1S
Occupation
Engineering
@DCE, could we please see pictures of the underside of the abused test vehicle sliders in all their glory?

Thank you for leading the Rivian charge. Pun intended.
Hi Batman. The underside of the Rivian looks unscathed right now as we installed the current version for SEMA. It’s has only seen light off road duty since then. Might get a few scars this weekend.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Hi Batman. The underside of the Rivian looks unscathed right now as we installed the current version for SEMA. It’s has only seen light off road duty since then. Might get a few scars this weekend.
Catwoman, wanna go for a ride sometime? Please wear that rubber outfit with the ears.

OP
OP
DCE

DCE

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.weistec.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T & R1S
Occupation
Engineering
As I asked before...can the doors still open when it's jacked up? What about jacking with both wheels off the ground on that side? When you're hung up on a rock these are issues we care about. We're all glad these exist...we just want to make sure they're up to the challenge of running trails.
Hi zefram47. The doors open just fine when the vehicle is jacked up. We will do another video soon. Right now it’s all hands on deck getting ready for the Baja 1000.

Pat5923

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure Limestone
Occupation
Consulting

Yes we are familiar with this concept! Hahaha. Rivian owners are known for their patience. Im sure those rock sliders will be money. They are estimated at $2300 though right?
Sponsored