First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
It does seem backward that Rivian is not prioritizing the earliest order holders for these drives. I hope that soon each service center will be set up for anyone to make an appointment and come in for a drive vs. waiting for these randomly scheduled drive opportunities to visit them.
Sponsored

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Congrats to you!

buuuuuuut, this is the type of sh!t that Rivian does that pisses off the many many pre-order holders of >2 years that continued to get bypassed on things
I agree. I considered not posting about it because it doesn’t make sense, but I hope I can take tons of photos during the short walk around and test drive.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I agree. I considered not posting about it because it doesn’t make sense, but I hope I can take tons of photos during the short walk around and test drive.
I think we all understand the frustration those early order holders feel about it, but I don't think they are upset *at* you, rather at Rivian. I know they will appreciate all the photos and information as well. Even just knowing they invited you is useful info. So thanks!

KnightNole07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
I think we all understand the frustration those early order holders feel about it, but I don't think they are upset *at* you, rather at Rivian. I know they will appreciate all the photos and information as well. Even just knowing they invited you is useful info. So thanks!
100% this. I certainly have no hard feelings to any of those people that seem to have won the test drive lottery. It is frustrating that I preordered over 3 years ago, have a LE R1T scheduled to be delivered in March/April (or hopefully not too long afterwards), work just a few minutes from the Denver service center, and have heard absolutely nothing about a test drive. I have also never been contacted by a guide. The thought process (or lack thereof) of Rivian is just really odd to me, as you would think you would try to at least somewhat prioritize those that have been with you for years.

All that aside, I am super excited that it seems like some of these are starting to go out to unrelated parties, and I can't wait to get behind the wheel. It has been a long wait, and the lack of communication frustrating at times, but I am as stoked about the vehicle as I ever have been.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
100% this. I certainly have no hard feelings to any of those people that seem to have won the test drive lottery. It is frustrating that I preordered over 3 years ago, have a LE R1T scheduled to be delivered in March/April (or hopefully not too long afterwards), work just a few minutes from the Denver service center, and have heard absolutely nothing about a test drive. I have also never been contacted by a guide. The thought process (or lack thereof) of Rivian is just really odd to me, as you would think you would try to at least somewhat prioritize those that have been with you for years.

All that aside, I am super excited that it seems like some of these are starting to go out to unrelated parties, and I can't wait to get behind the wheel. It has been a long wait, and the lack of communication frustrating at times, but I am as stoked about the vehicle as I ever have been.
That frustration is 100% justified. It would almost be understandable if they just started with the orders closest to the service centers because they could knock out more, faster that way. But they don't appear to be doing that either. It's odd.

Sponsored

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
My test drive is still scheduled for tomorrow morning— should be a fun talk about pricing lol. Stoked to test drive my now $101k truck!

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

My test drive is still scheduled for tomorrow morning— should be a fun talk about pricing lol. Stoked to test drive my now $101k truck!
makes perfect sense. Because the drive coach who will be there will have all the answers.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I said “talk” but you go ahead and get those big feelings out

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

If we're to believe RJ's letter this morning, the price hikes are reverted for existing preorder holders. Not sure how that's going to shake out with the options changes.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

@cohall are you retracting your apology now?

Sponsored

OP
OP
cohall

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
@cohall are you retracting your apology now?
Absolutely not. Why would I retract something that was honest and sincere? I remain sorry if I influenced anyone into a situation they regret, and I’m still embarrassed by the way the people I convinced to preorder were treated.. That hasn’t changed at all.

What I will do is extend kudos to RJ for doing the right thing. It reinforces my original opinion that he was/is a stand-up guy. He made a mistake. We all make mistakes. And doing the right thing is a first step in repairing my trust in him and Rivian as a whole. But there’s still work left to do.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Running a business is really hard. Sometimes you can’t win no matter what you do. I always ask our staff to do as much as we can to avoid the self inflicted damage of totally avoidable and silly mistakes because there will always be those *other* mistakes that aren’t necessarily avoidable. The important thing is when you do make a mistake that you make it right Whenever possible. Rivian screwed this up badly but they did a hard thing and admitted they were wrong And made it right.

I’m really happy for those early pre-order holders who were truly getting screwed by that price hike. This is the right thing to do.
Sponsored