Sponsored

Unofficial color thread for R1S (with renderings)

Which Color would you want?

• Total voters

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

With the official White color thread for the R1S, I figured a thread with other color ideas might be fun to explore.
FYI: These all have the swapped out wheels that have been shown on the R1T NOT the ones that have been shown on the R1S

Rivian R1T R1S Unofficial color thread for R1S (with renderings) Black-Rivian-R1S-SUV

Rivian R1T R1S Unofficial color thread for R1S (with renderings) gray-Rivian-R1S-SUV

Rivian R1T R1S Unofficial color thread for R1S (with renderings) Mint-Rivian-R1S-SUV

Rivian R1T R1S Unofficial color thread for R1S (with renderings) Red-Rivian-R1S-SUV

Rivian R1T R1S Unofficial color thread for R1S (with renderings) Yellow-Rivian-R1S-SUV

Rivian R1T R1S Unofficial color thread for R1S (with renderings) Tan-Rivian-R1S-SUV
Sponsored

davrow_R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Toyota Siennas
I like red and yellow, but not the shades shown here. And I like metal flake instead of the new solids.

Of what's shown, I like the tan (the last R1S) best.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Love the black although I'll never own another black vehicle. I much prefer the darker gray shown here over the dove gray R1T we've seen. I think a sage green or a gray-sage green would be much better than the mint green. The red isn't bad and almost exactly matches the color of my current XC60 but I think the R1S would look much better in a deeper red, closer to the Imola Red BMW I used to own or what I've seen on Range Rover. Didn't think I would like yellow but I actually love the shade shown here that seems to have a touch of orange - it's not too pale and not too gold. I also really like the steel blue shown in this earlier thread. Rivian's metallic emerald green is pretty awesome too.

In the end, I think my short list would be the white, the yellow shown here, a deep red or possibly the metallic emerald green. Unless Rivian surprises us with something amazing that we haven't thought of yet.

EDIT: Hmmm, after seeing the metallic sage gray, I think that or the dark red would be my top choice followed closely by the white. Until I change my mind again....

Last edited:

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
White or tan for me, but I really like that gray. Oddly, I like red more than I thought I would too.

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
Not a fan of the flat colors either. I like red but as @davrow_R1T said not the shade shown here. A candy apple red would be perfect but I'm still holding out for metallic root beer.

@SlaterGS, if it's not too much trouble would you be able mock up and post either of those two colors on the R1S to get a better idea on how they would look? Color samples posted in this thread entry.

Sponsored

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
Voted other......1st choice would be GM's Cajun Red. 2nd choice Metallic Root Beer. Last choice would be the standard Silver color, as displayed on the R1T.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Here's an attempt at a couple of darker reds, pardon my amateur image editing skills. Supposed to be one metallic and one non....

Rivian R1T R1S Unofficial color thread for R1S (with renderings) deep-red-rivian-r1s-suv

Rivian R1T R1S Unofficial color thread for R1S (with renderings) Rivian R1S deep red Front

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
@EyeOnRivian, here is as close to the metallic root beer as my limited skill set is capable of producing...

Rivian R1T R1S Unofficial color thread for R1S (with renderings) root-beer-2-rivian-r1s-suv

Rivian R1T R1S Unofficial color thread for R1S (with renderings) root-beer-rivian-r1s-suv

Last edited:

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
And a metallic sage gray....

Rivian R1T R1S Unofficial color thread for R1S (with renderings) sage-gray-2-rivian-r1s-suv

Last edited:

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
Here's an attempt at a couple of darker reds, pardon my amateur image editing skills. Supposed to be one metallic and one non....
Waaay better than what I could come up with. Thanks much for putting those together! I do like the second red - kinda like a wine red. Very sharp! That color seems to bring another level of sophistication to the R1S look. :clap:

@EyeOnRivian, here is as close to the metallic root beer as my limited skill set is capable of producing...
Again, nice job and thanks! That first metallic root beer ... SOLD! That would definitely be my first choice! :like:

Sponsored

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
Thanks for the images electruck.

Thanks much for putting those together! I do like the second red - kinda like a wine red. Very sharp! That color seems to bring another level of sophistication to the R1S look......That first metallic root beer ... SOLD! That would definitely be my first choice!.
Same here.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Here's the blue we've seen on the R1T:
(This was a tough color since the available pics vary significantly in shade depending on the lighting conditions. I used this shot as my color reference because the white balance seemed most accurate. Kind of reminds me of the blue used on the older Polestar Volvos.)

Rivian R1T R1S Unofficial color thread for R1S (with renderings) blue2-rivian-r1s-suv

Last edited:

Rad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 and 2004 MDX, 2016 Jeep JK
Oh my. I don't like it at all. I would like a much darker blue. Will be interesting to see the actual colors when they are released.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Oh my. I don't like it at all. I would like a much darker blue. Will be interesting to see the actual colors when they are released.
The Vancouver Island video makes it look more like this, perhaps someone who has seen it in person can tell us which is the closer match.

Rivian R1T R1S Unofficial color thread for R1S (with renderings) blue3-rivian-r1s-suv

Last edited:
Reactions: Rad

Rad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 and 2004 MDX, 2016 Jeep JK
Nice work. Getting closer to the color I'd like. A bit darker with some shine (some of the finishes seem a bit flat).
Sponsored