Dominic Wilbrink

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Chevy BoltEV & 2005 Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
YouTuber, former Commercial Construction Project Manager (national roll outs)

Most of you will have seen a post about my original video which only showed a few seconds of what the Rivian R1T looks like underneath. That was only part of the story. The camera that I used to get that footage was a Spherical 360 camera (Gopro MAX). I was able to pause the video and look around in every direction and really get a good look at what was going on underneath the R1T. The analysis is from the perspective of a long term truck guy and overlander/off-roader. I hope this is informative to everyone.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Dominic Wilbrink

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Chevy BoltEV & 2005 Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
YouTuber, former Commercial Construction Project Manager (national roll outs)
Before anyone asks, I do have the State Of Charge captured from my encounter with the R1T. A couple of engineers and I are going over a spread sheet with the information that I have. I think I have enough information to make some informed statements about charge time based on the information I collected. Working on additional content about that.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
I think I have enough information to make some informed statements about charge time based on the information I collected. Working on additional content about that.
Please include the caveat that you have no idea if the production vehicles will charge in the same manner. In the recently released cold weather vehicle, they were still testing different charging parameters under varying conditions. It is extremely likely that they are also gathering data from the the prototypes (like the one you saw) and will use that information when finalizing the charging software in the production units.

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
Thanks for posting this video with the additional detail. I think if you asked, you would find plenty of people here willing to preview the video and discuss Rivian specifics that might help you put this together - underbody protection, options, suspension, etc.

This is the best view of the undercarriage most of us have seen, so thanks for not only taking the video, but putting all of this together and giving us a view of it.
Sponsored