Sponsored

Uh, you're gonna need a bigger garage!

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I'll have to make due by reorganizing the whole garage and tossing a bunch of her crap (not a bad thing!), but not a fight I was prepared for this week.
Pics or it didn't happen.

And by pics, I mean selfies of you eating alone in a hotel room when she wins that fight 🌯🙃

R1T Preds Fan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Warehouse Management
We swapped from the S as well and had to reorganize the garage and flip parking spots. Cause it was easier to do that than move my 1200lb safe 😂
I have just enough room to walk around the truck!

PowerBugs

First Name
Dru
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
My Rivian R1T arrives in my driveway in 2 days. Of all the prep I did planning this purchase, the garage space was not something I remotely thought of recently. I have a 2-car garage after all and when I made my original order in 12/2021, I remember measuring things out for a perfect fit.

A quick glance at the dimension of the R1T tells me it will need 18' x 7' x 7'. Uh..... why is the vehicle 18' long? Then it hit me, I originally ordered an R1S back in 2021 and the measurements were perfect. When I switched to a T in February, I forgot to about the different size. :computerrage: The T is so fricken long, it may partially block the entrance into the house. fukittyfukfuk.

:oops: Uh...honey...

I'll have to make due by reorganizing the whole garage and tossing a bunch of her crap (not a bad thing!), but not a fight I was prepared for this week. Luckily I don't have to reconfigure the charger since I have not installed it yet.

Measure twice, by an $80K truck once
I just need 2 more inches and I can kiss the wall at the front to be able to close the garage door.
So now it lives on the driveway.
I feel bad with all the storms we have recently.
Any rainproof covers out there?

Tucker74

First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Yup - mine lives in the driveway as well. Chest freezer and 80 gal compressor at the front keep it out of the garage 😏

Sponsored

BigSkies

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Clubs

I wanted the R1T, my wife wanted the R1S.

Garage space was a big part of the deciding factor. Actual usability of the garage is important to me. I have a good amount of woodworking tools in the 0.5 part of our 2.5 car garage. I also have a workbench, smoker and gun safe stored along the front wall of the garage. The R1T would fit, but would be tight enough to make some compromises I’d rather avoid.

jollyroger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
Innovative. No hanging tennis balls for you?
Nope, all tennis balls are belonging to the dog. I mean really, she’ll figure out a way to get it, destroying something along the way. I guess it was in her contract and I just didn’t read it thoroughly 🤦‍♂️

countab45

First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t white, locked tonneau in open position...
i have 4 inches on each end clearance so i strapped pieces of wood to my race deck flooring. when i come in real slow and the tires start to roll up the wood i know i’m there. i was using the sensors but one day pushed right through the drywall with the tow hooks and had to find a more foolproof way. had i hit the studs i’m concerned about what would have happened to that wall…

Nix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No Dox
We went through this a long time ago with our old truck that was 21 feet long.

Our poor realtor got stuck doing our foot work because nobody puts garage measurements in the MLS. Apparently a newbie listing agent decided to meet him when he went to check out a house for us. That agent was all ready to sell the house's features, just to have our agent walk in, measure the garage, and walk out. Poor guy!! 😄

But we ended up with a 23 foot deep garage in the end. I'm ready.

Sponsored

Riv_Ian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi TTS, Triumph TR6, Tiger Explorer
Occupation
CEO
Black hole that CT can tow will take care of anything in your way

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
I had to reorganize the garage, including having my wife switch parking sides. My truck fits - barely. Along with another car and about 11 bikes hanging all over the place.
We also had to switch parking sides in the garage because the T would not fit where I used to park with the tool boxes, which I can't stick anywhere else in the garage currently. The wife complained for a few days, but she's all good now. I did have to move stuff around, get rid of stuff, get rid of floor shelves, and buy ceiling/wall storage to make everything work nicely with lots of walking space still. Wall/ceiling storage options are so much more than floor shelving.

Kacey3

First Name
Kacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition; MotoGuzzi V7II
Occupation
IT Support Manager
Clubs

Surprisingly, I never even gave it a consideration. I always just assumed it would fit... and thankfully it does.

The problem I deal with is our garage is at a right angle to the driveway and the turn is just a bit too sharp for the R1T turning radius, so I have to do a 3-point turn just to get into and out of the garage. The cameras, sensors, and virtual drone view all help with that maneuvering immensely.

Cycleman

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Tahoe, Jeep Wrangler
I got surprised by the length too.

But it just fits. Got lucky.
rivian garage.jpg
I just want to know which of those is your favorite to drive!
Sponsored