Sponsored

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Strip wash any old wax off and use something like mothers CMX to prep the surface and take your time. You can pull the plastic back up when it’s wet if you mess up. It helps to have a second set of hands with the larger pieces. If an edge won’t stick well, let it dry a few minutes and go back to it with the squeegee. Start out with a simple piece first to get the hang of it.
Do you just wait for the minor small bubbles to dry out? I see some when they did my windshield uv tint. I saw some small bubbles but it went away over the next day or so. Any need for hair dryer?
Sponsored

OP
OP

ACMX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GR Supra, 2023 Rivian R1T
Do you just wait for the minor small bubbles to dry out? I see some when they did my windshield uv tint. I saw some small bubbles but it went away over the next day or so. Any need for hair dryer?
I didn't really have any significant bubbles. If there were, they are gone now. Just work from the center towards the edges and make sure the position is perfect before squeegeeing

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I didn't really have any significant bubbles. If there were, they are gone now. Just work from the center towards the edges and make sure the position is perfect before squeegeeing
another question, do you have to use the heat gun in any of these pieces?

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & Audi
Occupation
SP
Those square-toe boots aren't helping the situation at all. LOL

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

There is nothing on your garage floor, except the R1 and the BMW ;)......great job.

Sponsored

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
...Any need for hair dryer?
another question, do you have to use the heat gun in any of these pieces?
A hair dryer or heat gun is useful in areas that have more than two angles, say beneath the right and left light bars or charge port door. These areas are a bit trickier to get the ppf to lay down nicely and the heat helps do so. Heat also helps for stubborn bubbles. I was puckered at first but it gets easier quickly.

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1T QM, '23 R1S QM, '23 MY DM, '24 Cyberbeast
Occupation
Electric bum
I purchased the PPFs from TWRAP for my R1S and my R1T (home delivery this Friday). They are great quality precuts. I'm just a novice but I find these PPFs to be relatively easy to install; just take your time and have some patience. The one area I found most difficult were the mirrors; took me hours to do the two...
Thanks TWRAP, great customer service and support.

Rivian R1T R1S Twraps is awesome! PPF installed DIY photos Screenshot_20231001_093505_Gallery

Rivian R1T R1S Twraps is awesome! PPF installed DIY photos 20231001_085646
Sponsored