timf

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
As a previous owner of a Model X, the height difference makes me incredibly excited. 😆
The more I think about it, the more tempted I am to go with the R1S over the Mach-E simply because of the truck-like stance versus an even lower ride than the Model X. There's something fun about riding up high that I haven't had anything close to since a Mercury Mountaineer.

OP
Canthoney

Canthoney

Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Accord, 2021 Toyota Sienna
The ride height looks perfect for me, I’m pretty tall and I always thought the Model X was a little low to the ground for me even with the adjustable air suspension. Plus, I’m not a fan of the gullwing doors, look expensive as h**l to repair. I do hope we see R1S testing more on the road soon.

MisterTea

Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
The ride height looks perfect for me, I’m pretty tall and I always thought the Model X was a little low to the ground for me even with the adjustable air suspension. Plus, I’m not a fan of the gullwing doors, look expensive as h**l to repair. I do hope we see R1S testing more on the road soon.
One reason I sold my Model X was because I have two young kids and the gullwing doors, while the most incredible doors on earth for putting a baby seat into a car, are very dangerous when it comes to young kids arms and legs. One Youtuber showed the doors breaking a cucumber in half without stopping.

OP
Canthoney

Canthoney

Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Accord, 2021 Toyota Sienna
One reason I sold my Model X was because I have two young kids and the gullwing doors, while the most incredible doors on earth for putting a baby seat into a car, are very dangerous when it comes to young kids arms and legs. One Youtuber showed the doors breaking a cucumber in half without stopping.
Dang, I didn't know it was that dangerous! I have seen them up close and the gullwing doors look practical for kid's egress, but just impractical overall. I'm not sure why they didn't just do sliding doors, the Model X isn't exactly the most attractive car to begin with!

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Reaction score
First Name
A. J.
Vehicles
Tesla X Extended Range Plus 2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, SR5
Occupation
EE Retired
I've certainly been bonked by the GWDs a number of times but I doubt a child would be seriously injured. They are designed to sense resistance and stop. A cucumber might not present enough resistance but a human limb would.

CommodoreAmiga

Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Goldwing
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
I've certainly been bonked by the GWDs a number of times but I doubt a child would be seriously injured. They are designed to sense resistance and stop. A cucumber might not present enough resistance but a human limb would.
A seven year olds fingers aren't putting up more resistance than a cucumber.

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Dealbreaker for me on the Model Y.
- Derek Smalls

1611610331370.gif

Smithery

Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X 100D, Volvo XC70, Mini Cooper JCW, R1T Max
Coincidentally next to a Model X!
This framing is amusing.

Because on 280 - especially this stretch of 280 - You're more likely to be next to a Model X than any type of pickup... or even a Civic/Accord/Corolla/Camry, etc etc.

Advertisement

Advertisement