Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I second that, Skyote. We got a 2021 Audi E-Tron Sportback in the household last Oct. We took it out to dinner the evening we bought it and road debris flew out from underneath a semi on I-35 and scraped up the front passenger door...had it for all of 2hrs.
Dang, that sucks! Pre-COVID, I drove a lot to Dallas & Houston and feel like it's a damn video game sometimes trying to dodge stuff.

It might be more of an issue for us with truck traffic from NAFTA/Mexico & port/Houston plus the summer heat, but the struggle is real.
Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I drove all over Texas for almost 15 years in a BMW with barely 4 inches of front ground clearance and never had any damage from road debris. Windshield was a little pitted but that was it. Then I moved into a much higher riding Volvo SUV and had a piece of exhuast pipe thrown up by the car in front of me puncture the front bumper cover and (on a separate occaision) a large bolt bounce across the divider from oncoming traffic and put a nice big star at the top of the windshield which quickly turned into a major crack requiring replacement of the windshield. Riding higher wouldn't have made a difference in those cases. I figure, if it's going to happen it's going to happen and that's why I have insurance so I'll take advantage of the aero benefit.

EDIT: I think I got lucky in the BMW because it went under anything that bounced!

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
Then I moved into a much higher riding Volvo SUV and had a piece of exhuast pipe thrown up by the car in front of me puncture the front bumper cover and (on a separate occaision) a large bolt bounce across the divider from oncoming traffic and put a nice big star at the top of the windshield which quickly turned into a major crack requiring replacement of the windshield.
Better pay for the force field upgrade. Sure it’s overpriced, but seems to fit your driving conditions.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Better pay for the force field upgrade. Sure it’s overpriced, but seems to fit your driving conditions.
That might not be so good for range though. I hear it drains the batteries pretty quick. :)
Sponsored