James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX 350
Occupation
Analyst
Clubs

Does anyone have any information on what the R1T turning radius actually is?

I love my R1T, but I do have a bit of difficulty in parking lots. The cameras help, but the proximity alarms typically go berserk long before I think there is an issue.

I'm coming from smaller SUVs Mazda CX-9 and Lexus RX.
Sponsored

SRTConvert

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lincoln Navigator L
I believe the turning radius is 22.5'. Which is slightly worse than my 2020 Lincoln Navigator L (22').

From Motor Trend's comparison article:

The GMC's steering, though, is otherworldly. Crab Walk may be a bit of a gimmick, but the aggressive four-wheel-steer system makes the Hummer EV Pickup remarkably maneuverable and easy to place on the road, even if it never shrinks around you. It's 37.1 foot turning circle—compared to the smaller Rivian's 44.9—really shows how much of a benefit the system is.

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/...up-vs-2022-rivian-r1t-comparison-test-review/

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I believe the turning radius is 22.5'. Which is slightly worse than my 2020 Lincoln Navigator L (22').

From Motor Trend's comparison article:

The GMC's steering, though, is otherworldly. Crab Walk may be a bit of a gimmick, but the aggressive four-wheel-steer system makes the Hummer EV Pickup remarkably maneuverable and easy to place on the road, even if it never shrinks around you. It's 37.1 foot turning circle—compared to the smaller Rivian's 44.9—really shows how much of a benefit the system is.

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/...up-vs-2022-rivian-r1t-comparison-test-review/
I just checked the turning radius on my 2019 Lexus RX 350: 22.6'. Roughly equal to the R1T despite being 2 whole feet shorter. Never thought the R1S would be an improvement on the RX in this regard, but hey ... I'll take it!

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Bearing in mind I'm not 100% sure I measured correctly, I got ~44 ft for the turning circle/diameter.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Bearing in mind I'm not 100% sure I measured correctly, I got ~44 ft for the turning circle/diameter.
That would make sense. Diameter being 2x the radius. :cool:
Sponsored