Sponsored

Turn on Exterior Cameras in Drive?

schalliol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S6, Honda Odyssey
I did a search unsuccessfully, as I can't be the only one wondering this, but how do you turn on the 360/front camera in Drive? I don't know why it doesn't come on automatically when you are close proximity sensors in low-speed driving, but I've been stopping and dropping it into R in order to approach an object carefully from the front. It seems there must be a better way!
Sponsored

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

go to cameras in the menu and you can have front or rear or sides.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

three dots on the bottom then the icon that looks like a camera in the submenu. The last button on the normal menu before the submenu button changes depending on what screen you manually activated last. I think it's dumb since there's enough room to put way more things down there.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

You can hit the camera icon in the infotainment at any time. If it's not up front just hit the ... button.

Rivian R1T R1S Turn on Exterior Cameras in Drive? 1681501397753

OP
OP

schalliol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S6, Honda Odyssey
Thank you! It seems like they should have that around the edge of the display always.

Sponsored

OP
OP

schalliol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S6, Honda Odyssey
You can hit the camera icon in the infotainment at any time. If it's not up front just hit the ... button.

1681501397753.png
We clicked at the same time. Yes, I definitely need to get that camera on the screen there, as it's not on mine by default. Thanks!

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

We clicked at the same time. Yes, I definitely need to get that camera on the screen there, as it's not on mine by default. Thanks!
It won't stay there by default. The UI reserves that second last icon to the right, as a last used "app" shortcut from that three dot sub menu. It will only remain there until you select another app from within that menu, camp mode or energy use as an example.

Also forgive the word salad description above.

OP
OP

schalliol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S6, Honda Odyssey
Thanks. It seems like there should be an option to auto-enable the 360 cameras at low-speed when pros sensors go off. What's not as good but better than nothing would be to have a dedicated camera button. I hope they could add that! I don't see any reason why not to have it on when trying to park

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I really wish we could have the 360 degree view in the left most driver view.

Usually when I park I want to see the 360 degree view and its annoying having to hit two buttons to have it come up.

At work I've started to back up a bit before pulling forwards just to give myself a bit more room (it's a long vehicle) when I park between two cars with forward in parking. The act of reversing brings up the 360 view.
Sponsored