First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Gladiator, BMW X3 M, 911 C4S (993), 911 GT3 T
Occupation
Architect
Now that it’s October, this conversation is super relevant for the high country CO crew. Just spent the last three days at my house in Breck (north face of Baldy) 10,650’. As predicted the 20” OEM Pirelli’s are crap in snow and ice. The weight of the R1S pushes quite a bit with only the slightest coverage. Deep snow is much better but the plowed streets are the worst. I’m ordering a set of Bliz’s this week—they’ve never let me down. Will report back!
Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Now that it’s October, this conversation is super relevant for the high country CO crew. Just spent the last three days at my house in Breck (north face of Baldy) 10,650’. As predicted the 20” OEM Pirelli’s are crap in snow and ice. The weight of the R1S pushes quite a bit with only the slightest coverage. Deep snow is much better but the plowed streets are the worst. I’m ordering a set of Bliz’s this week—they’ve never let me down. Will report back!
Just put the Blizzak's on my Explorer today. Which ones did you order for your R1S?

JKDU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Professor
Thanks for sharing and very helpful feedback. My R1S is scheduled for an April-June 2023 delivery and I have the 20 AT tires selected because I was hoping to have it during the winter months.

I'm wondering if I should switch to the 21" tires now (especially given the delivery estimate) and hope for good winter 21" tires to come out for next winter? Given what you know now and your experience with the 20" AT, would you still pay the extra and get them or go with the 21" that comes standard? I know there are not a lot of tire options with 21" and that is another reason why I was planning on going with the 20" tires.

bmourer

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Gladiator, BMW X3 M, 911 C4S (993), 911 GT3 T
Occupation
Architect
Just put the Blizzak's on my Explorer today. Which ones did you order for your R1S?
I’ve not ordered yet for the Rivian, it appears there is an OEM size available, not sure which model of Bliz, but iv
Thanks for sharing and very helpful feedback. My R1S is scheduled for an April-June 2023 delivery and I have the 20 AT tires selected because I was hoping to have it during the winter months.

I'm wondering if I should switch to the 21" tires now (especially given the delivery estimate) and hope for good winter 21" tires to come out for next winter? Given what you know now and your experience with the 20" AT, would you still pay the extra and get them or go with the 21" that comes standard? I know there are not a lot of tire options with 21" and that is another reason why I was planning on going with the 20" tires.
I think you nailed it with the limited 21” options. I would still go with the 20” as I think they look far better but also the options in 20” will grow. It’s a better off-road set up IMO.
Sponsored