First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
Makes me wonder if they will make a surprise appearance at the Denver Auto Show? That starts today, too. https://denverautoshow.com
I didn't know that was this week. If Rivian makes an appearance didn't announce, I'll be pretty frustrated to be honest. I just want my hands on a vehicle before I buy. I would have taken time off work to go if Rivian was/is there.

That said, on their web page they have a "Test drive an EV!" section which "... Let’s you experience the latest models from Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Jeep and RAM. "
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
One more in the certain these are press vehicles camp...this does raise a question on the nuances of delivery day and how that will look. Are there Carvana style Rivian flatbeds ready to go? Will Amazon drop it off at my front door and email me a pic?
The amazon drop-off with a picture would be hilarious. I like it.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Will Amazon drop it off at my front door and email me a pic?
I hope not. The box would be 3x larger than it needs to be and the R1T would be damaged.

Sponsored

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Also, please ignore, but wanted to add in the proverbial gripe that they are showcasing the R1Ts for the media in Colorado, but still no word on deliveries to customers in Colorado or a First Drive event in Colorado. Way to use Colorado as a prop while contacting customers in LA and NYC for deliveries.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
Also, please ignore, but wanted to add in the proverbial gripe that they are showcasing the R1Ts for the media in Colorado, but still no word on deliveries to customers in Colorado or a First Drive event in Colorado. Way to use Colorado as a prop while contacting customers in LA and NYC for deliveries.
Halle-frickin-lujah. Agree 100%

rivi1234

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Well this is exciting:

Truckload R1T trucks.jpg

I live in Breckenridge CO and they are here for two weeks doing test drives. They are all over town mainly off of Tiger road. Stopped by last night and was given a tour of the R1T inside and out. Even saw the camp kitchen. There were about 6 R1T's of various colors. Spoke to them on the large R1S battery pack. It will not be happening so don't get your hopes up.

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
Also, glad I'm not the only one who is always subconsciously scanning delivery rigs to see what's aboard....long story short... I about ? ? when I saw this (not my photo, just a visual aid ?) over the weekend in Ann Arbor when I flew in for the Michigan/UDub game last weekend...
Rivian R1T R1S Truckload of R1T spotted heading to Colorado 2021-bronco-delivery-delivered-1624890107

To be fair I had just flown a red eye from Seattle to Detroit it was like 7am and the dawn was just breaking....gimme some slack... it was easy to mistake the front end headlight/logo area at first glance from a distance with five or six stacked end to end on the truck all similar colors to R1's lol ????

Sponsored

JeremyP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4runner, BMW I3, preordered R1S
Occupation
Engineer
I live in Breckenridge CO and they are here for two weeks doing test drives. They are all over town mainly off of Tiger road. Stopped by last night and was given a tour of the R1T inside and out. Even saw the camp kitchen. There were about 6 R1T's of various colors. Spoke to them on the large R1S battery pack. It will not be happening so don't get your hopes up.
I'm tempted to drive up there to try to check them out. I wonder if they will be staying in the same place each night?

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I'm tempted to drive up there to try to check them out. I wonder if they will be staying in the same place each night?
Same. My folks live off of Tiger as well. Maybe time for a visit.

rivi1234

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
If I knew where I could find them I'd head up right now to take about 1 million photos. Hopefully someone can find out where in/around Breck the press event is taking place.
You might want to try Loge Breckenridge. That is where they are staying. There were 6 of them there yesterday.

Kmann1994

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Head of Product
You and everyone else mad about "Guide contacts haven't started in [Insert State Here]!" need to relax.

The reason why is because the Denver service center is still under construction. It seems pretty obvious to me and many others that Guide contacts start based on whether a service center is available in a particular region. Once the Denver one is closer to done, I'd pretty much guarantee we'll see Guide contacts start for the Colorado area.

Follow Denver service center construction progress in this thread: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...s-retail-locations-list-other-facilities.892/

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
Also, glad I'm not the only one who is always subconsciously scanning delivery rigs to see what's aboard....
I used to do this with excitement. Years ago.

But living close to Fremont, 99% of delivery rigs I see are loaded down with boring old Teslas.

I'll go hang out near South San Francisco once Rivians are delivering in numbers just to watch them coming off the truck at the service center.
Sponsored