Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
They’ve gotta be press units if they’re headed to CO, especially as they have plates on them. Whether they differ at all from customer vehicles in any functional way is another question (I suspect they’ve been QC’ed even more).
Sponsored

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
anyone in Colorado order compass yellow with cross bars?
As far as we know, nobody in Colorado has been contacted by a guide yet. These are press vehicles for the media, not for customers.

electrictaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Won't they keep the manufacturer plates until the actual title transfer anyway? Which is likely to happen when the customer is taking delivery.
Vehicles destined for a customer ship without plates. Temporary plates are added in the state they are delivered to (traditionally by a dealer).

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Do you know what event?
It's an off road driving event for the press. It's not a public event or anything. Think first drives for the press. Very controlled typically. I know ow Tom with OOS/insideEVS will be there and am guessing the TFL guys will among others.

Also, I don't think there are great odds we will get a charging curve. This sounds a short time with the truck similar to the first drive events. I know Tom is gonna try and get it, but let's not set expect too high.

Last edited:

TAZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Biden was in Golden yesterday visiting National Renewable Energy Laboratory. Maybe it's related?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Biden was in Golden yesterday visiting National Renewable Energy Laboratory. Maybe it's related?
Biden doesn't seem to realize anyone but Ford or GM make EVs in America, so I doubt it.

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
He's already back in D.C. (although I also had the same initial thought)

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
As far as we know, nobody in Colorado has been contacted by a guide yet. These are press vehicles for the media, not for customers.
Can confirm at least on the R1S side. Denver metro of Colorado and no guide contact for me yet. Though, if a guide wants to change that please reach out. ?

Sponsored

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Biden doesn't seem to realize anyone but Ford or GM make EVs in America, so I doubt it.
Not to get political but the Unions and the money feeding between politicians and ford and GM is why I'm glad companies like Tesla and Rivian are coming in. Don't even get me started on these stupid dealership laws. Hence why yes you wont see Biden supporting a fantastic American start up like he is Ford and GM.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Won't they keep the manufacturer plates until the actual title transfer anyway? Which is likely to happen when the customer is taking delivery.
No. No other manufacturer does that.

mike22co

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X3 (x2), s00n R1S
Occupation
Person
Makes me wonder if they will make a surprise appearance at the Denver Auto Show? That starts today, too. https://denverautoshow.com

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
One more in the certain these are press vehicles camp...this does raise a question on the nuances of delivery day and how that will look. Are there Carvana style Rivian flatbeds ready to go? Will Amazon drop it off at my front door and email me a pic?
Sponsored