kipevans22

kipevans22

First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
We were dropping packages off at the Truckee UPS store on Tuesday & I nearly through my wife though the windshield pulling out of the parking lot when I saw the chargers and the guys working on them. Congrats on being the first. My vote is a station in Bridgeport or Mammoth. My kids had a MTB race in Mammoth and I was very concerned about charging at the EA station in Bridgeport (it ended up working fine). Or if I'm being greedy, along 80 between Truckee & SLC this season. Would be nice to use those Ikon passes with more confidence. Sorry for all you east coasters! I can vouch that they look cool.
Thanks! I believe that there is a Rivian charging station in Bishop that is well positioned on 395 to help with Mammoth trips. If you’re kids are mountain bikers, then they will love visiting Paco’s in the Truckee parking lot while you charge. They have a great ski and bike shop just steps away from the chargers.

Across the street is Smokey’s Kitchen, , which is a wonderful place to grab lunch.
Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

5-6, including ADA and trailer spot. Coffee shop, ski, bike and other services right in the same parking lot. Good food across the street.
Sounds like a good spot

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Yes, there was a designated ADA spot!
So.... only handicap EV drivers can charge there?

I hope this isn't a trend, because it will cause a lot of confusion and anger. You see people who are likely not handicapped parking in handicap spaces on a regular basis, which pisses people off. Of course they might have an invisible handicap as they sprint out of their car, so do you say anything?

And do people treat the shared space like a handicap bathroom stall, and use it to charge even with no handicap? I cannot read the fine print on the sign but if it does not clarify who is allowed to park there, many people will treat it like the bathroom stall. Which may be the intent, but then there is one less handicap space for someone who really needs it.

This seems like a very bad idea to me. Put the charging spaces in an inconvenient place in the parking lot so they do not compete with handicap spaces, and so rude Tesla drivers don't park there because it is close to the entrance.

RivianuserR1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40, Volkswagen E-Golf
If a charger is installed in California you are required to include one that is handicap accessible.

Sponsored

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

what's the max charging speed you got?

JeffADK

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Convertible, Tractor, UTV
Occupation
All the time
Clubs

Reactions: Guy

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
It’s honestly getting real old to see these only opening in California, other than ONE station.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

It’s honestly getting real old to see these only opening in California, other than ONE station.
While I agree I think they did telegraph this (on Twitter?). Something about building a corridor from LA/SF to Tahoe

Sponsored

Zorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
CA is 40% of EV market. We often go to Truckee so I am pretty excited about this. I have been told that the coffee nearby place is pretty good.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

CA is 40% of EV market. We often go to Truckee so I am pretty excited about this. I have been told that the coffee nearby place is pretty good.
How much of that 40% is Tesla though? How about a little love for the PNW where Rivian has been very active delivering trucks:

Rivian R1T R1S Truckee CA Rivian Charging Station Now Open 1668787635783

Runs_4_beer

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3, Audi Q7, F350
We were dropping packages off at the Truckee UPS store on Tuesday & I nearly through my wife though the windshield pulling out of the parking lot when I saw the chargers and the guys working on them. Congrats on being the first. My vote is a station in Bridgeport or Mammoth. My kids had a MTB race in Mammoth and I was very concerned about charging at the EA station in Bridgeport (it ended up working fine). Or if I'm being greedy, along 80 between Truckee & SLC this season. Would be nice to use those Ikon passes with more confidence. Sorry for all you east coasters! I can vouch that they look cool.
There is a huge need for a fast charger in mammoth. My daughter races at Mammoth too but I chose to take my big truck down because we took the trailer. I would have taken the Rivian if there was a fast charger.

Do you drive the black Rivian? I've seen one at a few of the North Nevada NICA races.

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

How much of that 40% is Tesla though? How about a little love for the PNW where Rivian has been very active delivering trucks:

1668787635783.png
Is this based on this forum delivery records?

You wouldn't be surprised if I say vast majority of Rivian owners (>90%) are NOT members of this forum, right?

I see Rivians, both Ts and Ss, just about every time driving on freeways in SoCal....
Sponsored