Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Is this based on this forum delivery records?

You wouldn't be surprised if I say vast majority of Rivian owners (>90%) are NOT members of this forum, right?

I see Rivians, both Ts and Ss, just about every time driving on freeways in SoCal....
Yes, the forum R1T poll. >500 entries. That would be ~3% of R1T deliveries to date.

I also see Rivians in Portland and Seattle frequently. Even in my small town outside of Portland near Mt Hood I see them frequently. I also saw them when I was in Cali a couple weeks ago
Sponsored

MDH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, LE R1T
Occupation
Retired Chemical Engineer
It’s honestly getting real old to see these only opening in California, other than ONE station.
I live in Reno and am happy so many chargers are out west but it seems unreasonable to concentrate so heavily in California at the expense of other states. We're all in this together.

State11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, Defender D90
There is a huge need for a fast charger in mammoth. My daughter races at Mammoth too but I chose to take my big truck down because we took the trailer. I would have taken the Rivian if there was a fast charger.

Do you drive the black Rivian? I've seen one at a few of the North Nevada NICA races.
I do, our kids were on the N Tahoe team, what team is your daughter on?

Last edited:

OffRoad987

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T , Porsche Cayman
50 KW max at the chargers that are grouped together.
The charger for the trailers is putting out 188kw.

Nobody else charging.

Rivian R1T R1S Truckee CA Rivian Charging Station Now Open 5B5FFC96-B78B-4E47-939B-001E76EFE203

Last edited:

Sponsored

Zorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
My understanding is that each cabinet can deliver 200KW, and that power is shared between 2 stalls

TDStudio

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Artist
Hoping to get some in the Northeast. There are no fast chargers in Northern Vermont except Tesla's. Most of the places I ski don't have charge points along the way. Some mountains have Tesla destination chargers so I bought an adapter. I just put in an order for a AWD van. Traveling in non-Tesla EV's has a long way to go in my region.

Boudro

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kona EV & Tacoma
I used the chargers Sunday and speed was fine. I got over 200kw and it acted normally. The 2nd charger from left was unavailable. That might of been the one doing 50. I used the very first charger.

Zorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
I used the chargers Sunday and speed was fine. I got over 200kw and it acted normally. The 2nd charger from left was unavailable. That might of been the one doing 50. I used the very first charger.
One charger was lit in red last night. So probably malfunctioning

Tahoe Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
This doesn't sound good. I was hoping the Rivian network of chargers would be more reliable and quicker. What's the point of having your own charging network if it doesn't deliver as promised or something better than the other guy.

Reactions: Guy

Sponsored

DirtyJester

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 kona ev
Occupation
Millwright
The route of my most common road trip only has 25-50 kw dc chargers.

I’d typically drive all the way up to lillooet bc, then top up the kona. Which usually took about 45min to an hour. I would usually be about 30% or so when I got there.

I’m just curious if any one has used these and how long that one will take to charge the rivian. But so far all I can find is you guys and your damn 350s, 150s, 200s lol

Thanks in advance.

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
CA is 40% of EV market. We often go to Truckee so I am pretty excited about this. I have been told that the coffee nearby place is pretty good.
Best coffee in all of the north shore is Java Hut in Kings Beach.

dsmithsalinas

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T & 2023 Polestar 2
Occupation
Product Manager

MDH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, LE R1T
Occupation
Retired Chemical Engineer
50 KW max at the chargers that are grouped together.
The charger for the trailers is putting out 188kw.

Nobody else charging.

5B5FFC96-B78B-4E47-939B-001E76EFE203.jpeg
Got the same result (48kW) last Saturday. No one else charging. Took an hour to go from 31% to 70%. During that time three more R1Ts came and charged at 150 to 200kW. Perhaps it's that one stall. Going back on Saturday for the Truckee meet-up. Will try a different stall.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
This doesn't sound good. I was hoping the Rivian network of chargers would be more reliable and quicker. What's the point of having your own charging network if it doesn't deliver as promised or something better than the other guy.
So 200 kw isn’t fast enough?
Sponsored