Sponsored

Truck goes into park when I am in reverse

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
I wish this disabled while a trailer is attached. Same thing while the door is open.

kollamala

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Mine is going into park in reverse and drive mode now, so now its a safety hazard. First noticed the issue while at a red light in Hold mode. It went to Park. did not realize it. Now as soon as I move to D or R it goes into park. waiting for a tow from Rivian.
>>After reading the posts above i decided to try again and think the culprit could be a hollow in the middle seat cushion I had placed for a hemorrhoid due to super long bike rides in the last 4 weeks. What is surprising none of the Rivian telephone support persons did not do a basic cross check.
1) did you have seat belts on, 2) are you using a cushion etc.
Seems like rivian forum users are more experts than Rivian employees. Rivian setup rental car, scheduling tow. Keeping fingers crossed this does not happen again minus seat cushion and seat belts on

Last edited:

Ashtothexo

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS1
Occupation
Fintech
Clubs

This has been happening to me in my kids school parking lot during the cluster in the morning during drop off. Not a fan. Can't move fast in the cat and mouse game of who is backing out of their spot first.

BklynR1T

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual, large R1T
Occupation
Libra tech
Clubs

Rivian needs to allow for this to be disabled.
I had this issue backing up my boat. Although I figured out the cause at the time, it didn’t help as I couldn’t find any way to change it.
Particularly when I’m backing up the empty trailer into the water, I like to sit up to see it… and I couldn’t without the automatic parking. I even tried sitting up with right knee on the seat and using left leg on the gas/go pedal — that didn’t work.
I found this very frustrating.
Sponsored