First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Construction / Remodel / Design
Where can I find a good Truck Cover for the R1T ?

Any options out there? Something like the Porsche 911 that is 100% fitted

Thank you
Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

kneebuster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Hyundai Tucson Plug-in Hybrid
Occupation
Professor
OP
OP

victorR1Tsatx

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Thank you so much.
I saw that one. Do you have it?

Sponsored

kneebuster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Hyundai Tucson Plug-in Hybrid
Occupation
Professor
Thank you so much.
I saw that one. Do you have it?
It's still in an unopened box. I bought both versions and will be using the one for the Camper Shell since I now have a bed rack installed. Haven't yet tried that one either though.

OP
OP

victorR1Tsatx

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Ok, I will place my order Right Now.

So far is the "only one" available, there are some at Ebay, but have my doubts.

Thanks

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I ordered one of these as well and it occurs to me... what's the gear guard situation if you put a cover on? Will covering the cameras cause the truck to constantly record thinking that there's something there? Do you need to remember to disable gear guard?

Ideally I'd think you'd want to leave gear guard on in the event that someone tries to take the cover off and mess with the vehicle, but is the security system capable of interpreting a cover correctly?

Also, presumably a cover won't interfere with any cooling vents or anything, right?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I ordered one of these as well and it occurs to me... what's the gear guard situation if you put a cover on? Will covering the cameras cause the truck to constantly record thinking that there's something there? Do you need to remember to disable gear guard?

Ideally I'd think you'd want to leave gear guard on in the event that someone tries to take the cover off and mess with the vehicle, but is the security system capable of interpreting a cover correctly?

Also, presumably a cover won't interfere with any cooling vents or anything, right?
I would guess gear guard would be fine. It probably just compares frames looking for change beyond a certain threshold.

I would be concerned with cooling, however. I wouldn’t block the air intakes in the lower front valance.

why do people want a cover? Typically they cause more paint damage than they prevent, afaik. They also seem to attract mischief since it calls attention to the fact you think you’re more special than others and are probably not around or coming back soon.

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I would guess gear guard would be fine. It probably just compares frames looking for change beyond a certain threshold.

I would be concerned with cooling, however. I wouldn’t block the air intakes in the lower front valance.

why do people want a cover? Typically they cause more paint damage than they prevent, afaik. They also seem to attract mischief since it calls attention to the fact you think you’re more special than others and are probably not around or coming back soon.
I got the cover for when I travel since I live in an apartment building with a publicly accessible parking lot. The R1T attracts a lot of attention so I'm kind of worried about random passersby seeing it from the street, or noticing that it's been in the same spot for a long time, and coming to check it out. I'd only use it when traveling for a week+ though.

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I got the cover for when I travel since I live in an apartment building with a publicly accessible parking lot. The R1T attracts a lot of attention so I'm kind of worried about random passersby seeing it from the street, or noticing that it's been in the same spot for a long time, and coming to check it out. I'd only use it when traveling for a week+ though.
They’ll still notice the covered truck. And the cover attracts even more attention and calls out you are letting it sit long-term.

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
They’ll still notice the covered truck. And the cover attracts even more attention and calls out you are letting it sit long-term.
I mean, there are usually other covered vehicles in my lot and we've never had an issue. I think those goofy eyes on the Rivian stand-out waaaay more than an anonymous, covered truck.

It's obviously not a perfect solution, but the cover was only $160 and gives me a bit of piece of mind when I'm away.

OP
OP

victorR1Tsatx

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
I want it to cover the truck Inside my garage, mainly because the dust and my nephews and nieces handprints.

Gully

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTI, R1T
Anybody use their covers yet and have issues with cooling / vents etc?