Truck bed tent recommendations

NWCamper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tacoma, Model 3, Highlander
Occupation
Conflict Negotiator, Paper Focused
Anyone bought and used a in the bed tent for the R1T they can recommend?

Have cargo bars but don't want another 150# large thing in the garage and duct want to rock a permanent tent in the rear....

OP
OP

NWCamper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I noticed there were no bites on this post.

I ordered a bed tent for a 5-ft bed, that would wrap around the sides and allow the sidewalls to be accessible or access to the power outlets.

It would have worked great however I soon realized that there's no way to latch down the sides. Each side of the tent had a latch that would run down the side of the truck and presumably hook under the bed. I suppose I could have worked around it using a bungee cord or two running under the truck in those three locations. Yes, there is no way to hook anything to the bottom of the truck.

The next issue is that the bed of the truck is integrated to the back of the cab. I'm sure many of you folks know this. For me that was kind of a deal breaker. There be no way to secure the back of the tent because there's no separate truck bed. I suppose I should have owned a Ridgeline at some point in my life.... Assuming that's integrated....

At any rate, I may try another product. I do see some that are somewhat freestanding in the bed of the truck but they don't allow access to the sidewalls.

I have the cross bars I'm just trying to avoid $1,000 200 lb 8 in thick sheet of plywood taking up space in my garage....

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
are you already using your garage ceiling for storage? If not, they make pulley platforms so you can easily install/remove and store a RTT on the ceiling, above your truck.

RIVDOC

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicles
GSA T700 and more
Occupation
Self employed
I'm also looking for a option like this one. we put to cots on the bed and it worked out great.
IMG_2647.JPG

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE
Occupation
Engineer
About 11min in she installs one in an R1T. Full disclosure I didn’t watch to the end.

OP
OP

NWCamper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I'm also looking for a option like this one. we put to cots on the bed and it worked out great.
IMG_2647.JPG
That's the one I bought. Looked like a winner. It was a dog.