Sponsored

Transport Canada Application to be Submitted by September 2022

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
I have always believed Rivian is sitting on a delay for Canadian Deliveries. My optimistic guess is 6 months, realistically about 12 months from when they have been projecting.

I am basing this off by looking at their career postings for Canada. The list has been stagnant for a while now. Add to the fact that so far, we have only seen a single truck with BC plates, shows there isn't much activity going on with Rivian in Canada. If they have a target of July/August for LE deliveries we should have seen more activity here, which we have not.

I have an expected delivery of first half 2023, so unless there is a massive production push and ramp up for Canada in the next 6 months, I know this is not going to happen.
Sponsored

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
They don't even ship Gear Shop stuff to Canada yet, there is no way we are getting deliveries by September. Maybe employees will get their trucks, but that's it.

OP
OP

wristybusiness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model X
The flip side is that Canadian LEs are likely numbering in the low 1000s, based on our proportion in size vs US. This could mean it wouldn’t take much of a ‘push’ to fulfill our orders and truck over our vehicles. A fifth of our population is 1000Km from the factory (much closer than California or Texas where there are many deliveries happening).

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
They don't even ship Gear Shop stuff to Canada yet, there is no way we are getting deliveries by September. Maybe employees will get their trucks, but that's it.
They are no longer doing the employee “early adopter” program.

The flip side is that Canadian LEs are likely numbering in the low 1000s, based on our proportion in size vs US. This could mean it wouldn’t take much of a ‘push’ to fulfill our orders and truck over our vehicles. A fifth of our population is 1000Km from the factory (much closer than California or Texas where there are many deliveries happening).
I don’t think the total number of LE vehicles will be more than high 5 digits.
Seems like they’re aiming to have those done and dusted by fall of this year. Canadian deliveries could still start in the currently specified window. Barring component supply issues of course…

Very curious to know what their holdup is with TC homologation.

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Job postings for Canada went from 34 to 22, so either they hired a bunch of people in the last few weeks or downsized their requirements. Hopefully it’s the first.

Sponsored

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
At this point with the OC delay, I'm probably more likely to get a Polestar 3 (which hasn't even been revealed yet), before a Rivian.

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Yeah, looks like I will get the iX before the R1S ever makes it here.

I am even considering taking ownership of the Model S I have been delaying with how Rivian is functioning right now.
Sponsored