First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red ZR2 Colorado
Occupation
None
Rivian puts the 7700 lb out front for all to see but I have yet to see a hitch on the rear. Will it be integrated into bumper system like Ford gm jeep etc or an aftermarket hangy down thing
Sponsored

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
Rivian puts the 7700 lb out front for all to see but I have yet to see a hitch on the rear. Will it be integrated into bumper system like Ford gm jeep etc or an aftermarket hangy down thing
You aren't the only one waiting to see this... no official description has been shared... the best I could find is that they are "working on it'. there is a picture in another thread with a hitch bolted to the frame but that is without the body mounted so it hard to tell how it will integrate with the bumper assembly. For the picture check out the thread - https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...production-rivian-r1t-test-vehicle-video.518/

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
We were told early on that there will be a removable cover for the receiver for aero purposes. It hasn't been visible on any of the show prototypes, but I think you're seeing it here on the Long Way Up trucks.

Rivian R1T R1S Trailer towing capability Preproduction R1T Spied Argentina 2 Compared Concept~3

Moonjock

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Chevrolet Avalanche
Occupation
Lab Tech
That does like like it. My wife has a Subaru Ascent and it has a panel similar to that covering the tow hitch.

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired