First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
This is a neat feature from GM. Hopefully Rivian implements something similar. A percentile usage would be great too (ie median use is 15 kw, 90th percentile is 18 kw).

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Indeed, a good feature to have.

Even if they just offer dual trip computers and compute the metrics separately for each, that would work.

Silver9k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19' CX-5 D, 16' Mazda3, 07 S2000
Yes, something like that would be great. While it certainly would be quite variable for different drivers, weight in vehicle, trail conditions, etc. With shared data of energy use on different trails they could at least give you a range and as you start driving the trail be able to update it based on how actual energy use vs. the group.

Until I get to experience it for a while and get comfortable I'll assume 40% efficiency and come out with a 25% reserve after reaching nearest Lvl2 station starting at 90%. With my math that would limit the 300mile R1T to 39 miles if going out and back on a trail. 300*40% = 120 miles full to empty. 90-25=65% usable charge. 120*.65=78/2=39. Not absolutely terrible, and I feel that electric will do much better with off-road/trail energy use compared to ICE. Slow speeds, low gears, and excessive idling hurt ICE efficiency a lot off-road. But until I'm comfortable, those are numbers I'll start with to not run out of electrons!
Sponsored