Trade-in offer and process?

EVnewb

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna, Tesla MYP, R1T
Are you referring to Maryland? We do get the trade-in tax credit. I did for a new vehicle purchase in 2020.
I happily stand corrected, you are right! I remember looking into it a couple months ago and could have sworn I read that it isn’t available here in Maryland. But I just looked a little harder and found that we do have it here.

Not every state has it though so check (more thoroughly than myself) to see if your state does.
Sponsored

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Initially my best offer from an online car buying service was $3000 more than Rivian's offer, but since that offer expired after 7 days and it took my R1S 3 weeks to be ready I was unable to accept it. On the second attempt, the offer from the same site was $12,000 less! o_O Ultimately, I went with KBB's Instant Cash Offer and got an initial quote $1500 over Rivian's offer, which the dealer further increased by $500. All the other online quotes I got were at least $5000 less than Rivian. It feels like the market for Model X is softening, and I wish my R1S had been ready a few months sooner.