Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 FJ
This is the V6 i-Force Max in the Tundra, but the hybrid system works the same way on the 4-Cylinder i-Force Max on the 2025 4Runner. I watched this multiple times when considering the new Tacoma hybrid, it's that good of a deep dive.

Also, for a quick visual primer on the i-Force Max Hybrid powerplant, here's an official Toyota video:

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
The Hybrid systems in these Trucks are really cool. I think getting a Hybrid Powertrain for those models will be great. If I could choose one right now it would definitely be the 2.4T with the Hybrid.

Nuke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander Platinum
I am curious why the non-hybrid appears to have a vacuum-boost brake system, and the hybrid does not? Which is better? I would think the latter, but opinions please...

Mrknowitall

Threads
Reaction score
I am curious why the non-hybrid appears to have a vacuum-boost brake system, and the hybrid does not? Which is better? I would think the latter, but opinions please...
The traditional Vacuum booster is cheap and reliable. The hybrid system can go down the road with the engine off. The vehicle needs to support braking with the engine off. More costly/complicated, but has full brake power w/ the engine off.

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester and Ascent
My guess would be because the Hybrid has regenerative breaking.